How to get creamino babies?

Moderator: Mods

McmillanBirds

How to get creamino babies?

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi
I have read that to get creamino babies you need to pair a turquoise and a lutino( I have a turquoise blue male and lutino female), but on genCalc it says the babies will be visually green and then split to other colours. What would the birds need to be split for in order to get creaminos?
Thank so much
Carmen
madas

Re: How to get creamino babies?

Post by madas »

McmillanBirds wrote:Hi
I have read that to get creamino babies you need to pair a turquoise and a lutino( I have a turquoise blue male and lutino female), but on genCalc it says the babies will be visually green and then split to other colours. What would the birds need to be split for in order to get creaminos?
Thank so much
Carmen
To get cremeinos (for both sexes) your turquoise blue male must be split for ino and the lutino female must be split for blue.
Or you can manage to get a pair 1,0 Lutino split blue x 0,1 turquoise blue or 1,0 Lutino split turquoise x 0,1 blue.
So you can get cremeino hens. If you want cremeino males too then the blue reps. turquoise female must carry the ino gen too.
Means she must be albino or cremeino.
McmillanBirds

Re: How to get creamino babies?

Post by McmillanBirds »

Thanks madas. For this year my turquoise blue male will be paired to a blue female of which I do not know if there are any spits, so providing no splits there will be 50/50 blue and turquoise blue in both male and female. My lutinos I have no clue what they are split for so it would be a matter of trial and error. I have a young turquoise blue(parents 1.0 green/blue 0.1 grey turquoise) coming up(just over 1yr now) who hasn't been tested so I will see what he/she turns out to be.