Violet - Greygreen

Moderator: Mods

Dan Cell

Violet - Greygreen

Post by Dan Cell »

Hey guys I have friend who has one pair ringnecks. The male is Voiletblue and the female is Greygreen, he says when he breeds these birds the young are going to have a dark green/grey in body colour and wings and tail is going to be a dark violet colour. Does anybody know what exact colour you will breed from this pair?.

Thankyou Very Much

Dan Cell :D
rod038

Re: Violet - Greygreen

Post by rod038 »

You will get Grey Green, Grey Green Violet, Green, Green Violet all split to Blue.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Tell your friend it's not a good pairing. You will get 50% greygreens of which a portion will mask green violet. To determine which carry the gene you will have to test mate all greygreens offspring.that's a big task. Better to even use a normal green hen . Iif you can preferably get an olive green/ blue. You will breed cobalt violets and dark green violets which are stunning birds.
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Thats also what I told him, I said you cant breed anything good from your pair, because the greygreen will mask and kill off the violet colour. Oh yeah he was also considering to put his Violetblue Male to a Green Lacewing Hen but i dont know what he will get?.

Thanks guys. :lol:
c0keguy

Post by c0keguy »

That pairing will still mask violet color and will give him nothing but 50-50% green/blue and violet green/pallid males and 50-50% green/blue and violet green/blue females ..