Creamino

Moderator: Mods

Sershin_07

Creamino

Post by Sershin_07 »

Hi

I have a creamino hen that will be ready for breeding later this year. I live in South Africa so the breeding season here is between September and December. I intend pairing the creamino hen with a yellow cock and I would like to know what mutations I will get and whether any of the chicks will be creamino.

I got the creamino from breeding a blue cock and a turquoise hen together and in every clutch, there were blue, turquoise, albino and creamino chicks. At the time, I did not know what mutations I would get and this particular mutation came as a huge surprise.

I am not too familiar on how to calculate the possible mutations and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Last edited by Sershin_07 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
angeldc77

Re: Pastel Yellow Lacewing

Post by angeldc77 »

Judging by the results of the babies you mentioned (blue, turquoise, albino, pastel yellow lacewing) I am guessing that you mean to say turquoise ino (creamino). It is possible for a visual blue cock to be split to either ino or pallid (lacewing). Since you have albino babies and no blue lacewings, that would mean that he is split to ino, and your "pastel yellow lacewings" are in fact turquoise inos (creaminos). When paired to a yellow/lutino (green ino) that is not split to blue, you will have all yellow/lutino babies, half of wich will be split to blue and the other half split to turquoise. If youe lutino male is split to blue then you will get creaminos, albinos, and lutinos :)