Cleartail splits

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

Cleartail splits

Post by angeldc77 »

Does anyone know if there are any visual signs that ca help determine if a bird is split to cleartail. I know that a visual normally has light colored feet and nails, is there any chance of this showing up on a split offspring? I have read somewhere that with pieds this is a possibility and was wondering if it is the same with the cleartails. There is someone I know selling grrays that are supposed to be split, I noticed in the photo that the nails looked light and also the look of the feather growth pattern on the back and wings does kind of look like my visual cleartail. Here is a photo:
mikeb

Re: Cleartail splits

Post by mikeb »

no you can't tell by looking at them there is no difference between split or non split birds you have to know the colors of the parents if not you have to wait until you breed them to tell and sometimes it may take breeding several times before you get the wanted babies
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

by the way that's a picture of one of my birds the father was blue the mother a grey cleartail so i know all of the babies from this pairing are split cleartail
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

What a small world, that is too funny!!! I have a visual green/blue cleartail paired witha turquoise pallid hen. I know It is not the best pairing, but at the moment it is all I have to pair him with. They started bonding over the last couple of weeks and now sleep side by side. I am going to put up a box this weekend. I think the turquoise cleartails and the violets are the nicest. My goal is to eventually have a double factor violet turquoise ringneck. To me that would be the ultimate ringneck, I know everyone has their prefrence. That is what is so amazing about these birds. I gues I will need a turquoise violet cleartail paired to a violet cleartail, or two turquoise violet cleartails.