Albino babies

Moderator: Mods

jillybean

Albino babies

Post by jillybean »

Hi there,I have the chance to buy albino split for creamino chicks, the mother was albino and dad creamino,I dont no what gender they are but apparently have been dna tested so my question is what would be best to get male or female and how do I breed creamino babies? Hope someone can help
rod038

Re: Albino babies

Post by rod038 »

It would either be Creamino or not but cant be split.

If you want to breed Creaminos I would get a Albino Cock and pair it to a Turquoise Blue Hen. That will breed you Creamino hens.

Or you could get a Creamino Hen and pair the Albino cock with that.
jillybean

Post by jillybean »

Thanks for that, the bird is an albino hen has a creamino father and albino mother how come carnt be split? Im sure you are right was just woundering, can I get albino babies if I breed a Lutino cock with a blue hen?
rod038

Post by rod038 »

The Turquoise is dominant over the blue series birds. So it if it was present in an Albino it would show and therefore be a Creamino.

If the Lutino Cock is split blue then you can breed Albino hens from that pairing.
jillybean

Post by jillybean »

OK but how do I know if my lutino cock is split blue? suppose you dont, I have only ever mated him with his lutino mate and have always had lutino babies. What if hes not split can he just be lutino? Then wont I get albino babies with pairing him with blue hen?
rod038

Post by rod038 »

Yes he can just be Lutino which is Green Ino or just Ino. To know if he was split Blue you would need to know what his parents were and this could possibly tell you or Breed him to a Blue hen and if you get any Blue or Albino birds he would be split blue.

If he isnt split Blue then you cant get Albino's because the Albino is a combination of 2 Mutations, Ino and Blue. Blue is Recessive so both parents need to carry it to pass it on to their young.
jillybean

Post by jillybean »

Thank you so much for the info you could certainly play for years Cheers Leigh