Just brought an indian ringneck...

Moderator: Mods

archie

Just brought an indian ringneck...

Post by archie »

So i finally got him :) His name is archemdes
The breeder didnt no its gender and we havent gotten it dna tested we just hope its a boy, its been a coupple of days now and we notice him raising his wngs like a heart shape which males do and also flexing his wings so were preey confident its a boy

Anyway he genreally sqwaks when i put my hand in the cage but evtually calms down but watches me carefully

today i was makeing kissing sounds to him when all of a sudden he mimced me, my whole family was excited, we all made kissing sounds to hm and he did it straight back, so tell me, what are your stories? how long did it take you for your bird to trust your hand?
solobaby

Re: Just brought an indian ringneck...

Post by solobaby »

Solo came to me when i went to go choose an IRN and has tursted me ever since
Teddii_Bearr

Post by Teddii_Bearr »

I brought a 9 week old grey who was afriad of hands. But I kept holding him and feeding him and
now he isn't too bad he is about 4-5months old now and bites gentle every so often but isn't too bad with
hands (:
And today bought a breeding pair which I wouldn't mind trying to get them use to hands so I can handle them.
They are 4 years old so its going to take some time. Good luck with your IRN (:
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

Mine still doesn't like being petted... he'll let me touch his beak but that took a while for me to be able to do. He loves me and is the sweetest bird.. takes treats and isn't afraid of my hand being near him, he just simply doesn't like to be petted. He also doesn't allow my other birds to preen him.. He would rather do it himself.. Every bird is different I suppose.