Green pallid cock to Creamino hen

Moderator: Mods

smick

Green pallid cock to Creamino hen

Post by smick »

My Green pallid cock/blue and Creamino hen ,had two young both look to be green pallid, but their body's are more lime green with a yellow head,flight and tail feathers, are they both hens because their father is more yellow all over with a very slight green tinge,or is this because he's split blue,or are male green pallids aways more yellow than hens. Also my tourquise blue pallid cock to blue hen have had blue cock's/split pallid and blue pallid hens only for there first two breeding seasons and i thought they could also get tourquise cocks and tourquise blue pallid hens, is it just pot luck that i haven't had these coloured young.thanks Smick.
smick

Re: Green pallid cock to Creamino hen

Post by smick »

How do you tell a cock green pallid from a green pallidino,when i bought him i thought i was told he was a pallidino /blue. He is almost as yellow as my lutino hen but a slightly different shade, neck ring is brownish in colour.
Molossus2

Re: Green pallid cock to Creamino hen

Post by Molossus2 »

The pallid ino description fits your cock bird. The greener color type is the pallid green. Pallid ino cocks can produce pallid green hen chicks and I wager your chicks are hens. Let us know what they sex as.