is violet a green or blue?

Moderator: Mods

LadyCalypso

is violet a green or blue?

Post by LadyCalypso »

I would like to get a pair next year that produce both violets and lace wing I have a violet hen that I am paying on and I was going to pair her to a blue lacewing Cock that I am also getting next spring but I get so confused about genetics but hope to get some lacewings (visual) out of the pair would this happen? what would I need to do to make lacewings happen would both parents have to be lacewing or split for this to happen please help as it is not to late to change the pair I get Thanks
rod038

Re: is violet a green or blue?

Post by rod038 »

The Blue Lacewing cock and Violet hen will give you Lacewing hens and split Lacewing Cocks.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

If you are able I suggest a pastel blue lacewing(turquoise rainbow) cock as a partner to your violet hen. You will breed turq,blue and violet cocks and all will be /lacewing. Hens bred will be blue lacewing,turq lacewing,violet lacewing and violet turq lacewing. This is based on the assumption that the hen is a visual violet.
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

Yes the hen will be visually violet thanks for all the info and I have one turqouis lacewing hen and she is so beautiful so no problem getting another and I like the outcome of that pairing I think that is a great idea thanks again
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Let's hope it can fly too....I mean Bolt did. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: