female ringneck talk?

Moderator: Mods

kiwi08/2010

female ringneck talk?

Post by kiwi08/2010 »

hi can my female ringneck talk can she be taught or is it just males that can talk she is year and half old not been handled and she does not make much noise we are trying to hand tame her.
Lilu86

Re: female ringneck talk?

Post by Lilu86 »

Yes females can talk. Both mine do. Probably not as effeciantly or elaboratley as the males can but they still have the mimic organ that all parrots have.

Use simple words that are interesting or exciting to the bird. A good example is greeting your bird every morning at the same time.
The first thing I do in the morning when I go into the kitchen/lounge is say "Helloo!" And both my ringnecks are the first to say it back.

Remember that not all parrots are going to talk. Whether they are female or male, some just wont use their mimic organ for talking.
Sianna and the girls,

Lily, 09, Green female
Lulu, 07, Turquoise female
julie

Post by julie »

yep one of my aviary hens talks like the little old lady next door,she also barks. Hello seems to be easy for them to pick up.She may talk when she thinks no one is around.
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

hehe, i had a budgie that got to mimic my ring tone. and it wouldn't stop mimicking it until i said "hello?". :lol:
and worse, if i decided to b stubborn ad NOT "answer", then after a couple of tries, he'd utter small short beeps.
(that's what my cell phone dose we i have a missed call that i didnt check yet) :shock:

the funny part is, when i used to bid it goodnight, i used to say "sweet dreams" and the turn off my cell phone too.
after a couple of weeks, whenever i used to say "sweet dreams", i'd be greeted with the shutdown tone of my phone!!!

which words are easier for them to pronounce? or pick up readily? any suggestions?
Eva
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

I have 3 female, a 3 year old lutino who says hello and wee wee and rings like a old home telephone....
then i have a 2 year old green cinnamon (dilute) who has never said a word and has maybe whisted twice.
Then i have a one year old blue girl who only talks when no one is looking at her (and her words arent as clear as the boys) but she says hello baba hello baby and whistles under her breath...

then my three boys my 2 boys copy each other with hello coco pop hello biscuit hello daddys boytjie hello baby good morning, good hello,, bye bye , who u? they laugh and whistle like lunatics,

Then my 3rd male who is 4 has never said a word, he just mimics the hadedas here and does this ear piercing whistle once in a while!!!!

Chaos in my house when one gets started they all get going...
Gotta love it!!!
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

SCB-SA
(imagining a chain reaction like that!!!)
lol lol lol !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eva
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

lol i laugh every time!! My bf thinks im crazy, says to me, we have had the birds 3 years now, and they have done that
for the last 2... how can i still find it funny EVERY SINGLE time they do it...

You can tell he doesnt have the same love for them i do....

I still have to stop n listen everytime my boy talks even when he hasnt said anything new in a year now!
(Except GWEEEEP, and I have no idea what that is!!) He likes to say good hello good hello GWEEEEEEP GWEEEEEP!