Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Moderator: Mods

Post Reply
blueindianringneck
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by blueindianringneck » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 am

So does that mean it is Double factor blue? OR Blue split to blue? New to genetics. Thank you! What color of offspring? Recommend a mate color? JUST sent off DNA test for the little guy. Will know next week what sex it is. We have named it Bubbles. :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

mikeb
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 pm
Location: Louisiana U.S.

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by mikeb » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 pm

blue is only a single factor gene and if the bird is visually blue it is carrying the blue gene and showing it so it cannot be split to blue only a different color bird can be split to blue as for a breeding mate any color bird will do my suggestion would be a violet blue one with that combination it would give you 50% blue and 50% violet blue babies

blueindianringneck
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by blueindianringneck » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:09 am

mikeb wrote:blue is only a single factor gene and if the bird is visually blue it is carrying the blue gene and showing it so it cannot be split to blue only a different color bird can be split to blue as for a breeding mate any color bird will do my suggestion would be a violet blue one with that combination it would give you 50% blue and 50% violet blue babies
oh okay. Thank yoU! what other colors are single factor? If we were to breed it with another blue, would all babies be blue? Sorry, still trying to grasp all of this :)

mikeb
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 pm
Location: Louisiana U.S.

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by mikeb » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 am

yes blue x blue will give you all blue babies

Azure
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by Azure » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 am

I know this is old but must say that tail in the first pic is a lovely blue! What mutation does the tail belong to lol. :lol:
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet

blueindianringneck
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by blueindianringneck » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 am

Azure wrote:I know this is old but must say that tail in the first pic is a lovely blue! What mutation does the tail belong to lol. :lol:

That's Lavender, our "Violet" indian ringneck :) Thanks for looking!

Azure
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by Azure » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 am

wow! absolutely lovely, great bird, it seems even Bubbles wants to grab it to admire :D :lol: :mrgreen:
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet

blueindianringneck
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by blueindianringneck » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:46 am

Azure wrote:wow! absolutely lovely, great bird, it seems even Bubbles wants to grab it to admire :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Thank you! And yes, and when he loses a tail feather each member of the family argues over who gets to keep it lol

Azure
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Have a baby blue IRN, both parents were blue

Post by Azure » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 am

blueindianringneck wrote:when he loses a tail feather each member of the family argues over who gets to keep it lol
lol :lol: how long are the longest feathers? ever measured?
I would certainly fight tooth and claw for those feathers! :P
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet

Post Reply