What does "Clear tail" mean?

Moderator: Mods

blueindianringneck

What does "Clear tail" mean?

Post by blueindianringneck »

Keep hearing that word from breeders. "Clear tail" What does it mean?

Also, how in the world do you know what "Factors" a bird has? I don't know the color of the parents, so there is no way to tell right?

Thanks!
mikeb

Re: What does "Clear tail" mean?

Post by mikeb »

cleartail means that a bird has a different color tail and head from the body if it's a male bird and just a different color tail if it's a female bird . if it's a green or green series bird the head and tail will be a yellow color and if it's a blue or blue series bird it will have a white head and tail . as for factors some birds can be a single factor or a double factor and the only way to tell the difference between the two is to know the parents colors or to breed them and see, except for birds that are violet, dark factored green, or dark factored blue
blueindianringneck

mikeb wrote:cleartail means that a bird has a different color tail and head from the body if it's a male bird and just a different color tail if it's a female bird . if it's a green or green series bird the head and tail will be a yellow color and if it's a blue or blue series bird it will have a white head and tail . as for factors some birds can be a single factor or a double factor and the only way to tell the difference between the two is to know the parents colors or to breed them and see, except for birds that are violet, dark factored green, or dark factored blue
Okay, thank you! Had a breeder tail me he had a clear tail bird, but didn't say anything about head, so I was curious.
I just posted another question in the Mutation forum about pictures of my birds. Can you take a look and see if anything pops out at you? Thank you!
rod038

Post by rod038 »

They used to be called Head and Tail birds or WHWT for the Blue or YHYT for the Green. Now it is just Cleartail. Other Mutations that have similar light heads are the Fallow (Buttercup) and the Pallid (Lacewing).
blueindianringneck

rod038 wrote:They used to be called Head and Tail birds or WHWT for the Blue or YHYT for the Green. Now it is just Cleartail. Other Mutations that have similar light heads are the Fallow (Buttercup) and the Pallid (Lacewing).
What about the blue Cobalt?
rod038

Post by rod038 »

Blue bird with 1 dark factor. Alot of these mutations are very minor differences and are hard to distinguish between one and another to the untrained eye and even to the trained eye. For instance a Cobalt Violet and a Double Factor Violet may appear to be the same but it is in how they were created and how they will breed as to their Mutation.

Cobalt Blue.
blueindianringneck

rod038 wrote:Blue bird with 1 dark factor. Alot of these mutations are very minor differences and are hard to distinguish between one and another to the untrained eye and even to the trained eye. For instance a Cobalt Violet and a Double Factor Violet may appear to be the same but it is in how they were created and how they will breed as to their Mutation.

Cobalt Blue.
Oh, okay. Thank you!
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

Clear tailed males are beautiful!! My favorite to look at.