what is heppeing with my Indian Ring neck

Moderator: Mods

haider.kk

what is heppeing with my Indian Ring neck

Post by haider.kk »

there is a black line comming on my parrots neck
Question 1 : if its getting matured how much time will it take for his complete ring to come
Question 2 : i showed him/her to a parrot professional and he said she is a female how come a female is having a black line on his/her neck
Question 3 : i am posting a pic please tell me if he is male or if she is female

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/unledsfy.jpg/
julie

Re: what is heppeing with my Indian Ring neck

Post by julie »

its a boy :) red will start to appear from the back of the neck and come around. It takes awhile for the fully developed ring.
ad1671

Post by ad1671 »

haider.kk wrote:there is a black line comming on my parrots neck
Question 1 : if its getting matured how much time will it take for his complete ring to come
Question 2 : i showed him/her to a parrot professional and he said she is a female how come a female is having a black line on his/her neck
Question 3 : i am posting a pic please tell me if he is male or if she is female

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/unledsfy.jpg/
yah its a cock... for me approximately its 1yr and 6mos or older. on next molt the ring will be fully developed.
haider.kk

Post by haider.kk »

am glad to now he's a boy :D
one more question .. how much time left for his next molt .. because he is losing his feathers i saw one from his tail today
bambooozel

Post by bambooozel »

guys i was just wondering. alex my IRN has not made any sounds yet other than yelling if its scared or hurt is that normal and how do i get it to start making pleasant sound alex is 5 or 6 months old