pastel in gencalc

Moderator: Mods

smick

pastel in gencalc

Post by smick »

g'day all i was looking in gencalc.com at the indian ringneck genetics and was wondering how do you put pastel in it?. I have a pastel blue pallid cock to a blue hen, but i couldn't work out what to put for pastel. Is pastel recessive and can birds be split to it?
dog_glenn123

Re: pastel in gencalc

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there,

Pastel = Turquiose(Parblue) and yes both males and females can be split to turquoise.

Thanks Glenn
smick

Post by smick »

Thanks Glen so my cock pastel blue lacewing in gencalc is a parblue pallid?. They bred for the first time last year and the young were a blue male and a blue pallid hen . Are both young split for parblue?. Can i get parblue and blue cocks split pallid and parblue pallid and blue pallid hens from this pair,thanks Smick.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi Smick,

Below are the results as you can see any males will be split pallid and the hens will be some sort of pallid either blue or turquiose blue.
So you will get babies that look like the father and they will be hens.
1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
x 0.1 blue
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 blue /pallid
50.0% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /pallid
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 blue pallid
50.0% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid

Thanks Glenn
PS. 1.0 = MALE and 0.1 = FEMALE in gencalc.
anything after / is what the split is, in other words the other gene the bird caries but you cant visually see it.
smick

Post by smick »

Thanks glen so i was right from the gene calc. I have a blue pallid hen and i'm thinking to look for either a blueino cock,ino/blue cock or blue/ino cock to pair with her to get cock pallidino's.Thanks Smick
madas

Post by madas »

smick wrote:I have a blue pallid hen and i'm thinking to look for either a blueino cock,ino/blue cock or blue/ino cock to pair with her to get cock pallidino's.
Yeah you can do so if you like PallidIno. But they are only a lighter kind (because the phenotype is a mix of lutino and pallid) of a pallid. So i dont like them.
So if you really would like to breed a pallidino with your hen then don't forget to look for a turquoise grey /ino cock. Such a bird give you the most varing offspring with your hen.
And if you like pallids most then try to get a turquoise grey /pallid. Then the hole offspring is either normal (hens), split pallid (cocks) or pallid (both sexes).

greetings.
smick

Post by smick »

thanks for your view Madas,what would you suggest pairing the blue pallid hen to. If i could afford it i thought of maybe a violet cock, i don't want to breed green birds if possible so i don't think i would want a grey green cock.. would a turquoise cock be a good pairing to get good colours? if i can get one split to what would be best(pallid) or something else.
madas

Post by madas »

smick wrote:i don't want to breed green birds if possible so i don't think i would want a grey green cock.. would a turquoise cock be a good pairing to get good colours?
first: a turquoise bird could be visual a greenish bird too. :) try to google for turquoise ringneck
second: if turquoise and pallid are combined in one bird the head goes yellow (some wing areas too). but without turquoise (pure blue series bird) the head is white. See here: http://www.psittacula-world.com/EN/Muta ... Pallid.htm

So i would buy a turquoise violetblue split pallid male. if this male is paired up with your pallid blue female you will get the following offspring:

1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue violet(sf) /pallid x 0.1 blue pallid
% from all 1.0
12.5% 1.0 blue pallid
12.5% 1.0 blue violet(sf) pallid
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue violet(sf) pallid
12.5% 1.0 blue /pallid
12.5% 1.0 blue violet(sf) /pallid
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /pallid
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue violet(sf) /pallid
% from all 0.1
12.5% 0.1 blue
12.5% 0.1 blue violet(sf)
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue violet(sf)
12.5% 0.1 blue pallid
12.5% 0.1 blue violet(sf) pallid
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue violet(sf) pallid

greetings.