Wud any babies be spilt pied?

Moderator: Mods

SCB -SA

Wud any babies be spilt pied?

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi all,

Quick question for any south african breeders, (or any breeder actually)
I have a green rec pied female, and know to get visually pied babies i would need to breed her to a pied,
but if i dont breed her to a pied and breed her to a turquiose male, or a green male, what would her babies be?
Would any be split for pied?

Thanks
madas

Re: Wud any babies be spilt pied?

Post by madas »

SCB -SA wrote:Hi all,

Quick question for any south african breeders, (or any breeder actually)
I have a green rec pied female, and know to get visually pied babies i would need to breed her to a pied,
but if i dont breed her to a pied and breed her to a turquiose male, or a green male, what would her babies be?
Would any be split for pied?

Thanks
If your hen is really a pied hen then all babies will be split pied if you pair her to a normal non pied/non split pied male.
SCB -SA wrote: I have a green rec pied female, and know to get visually pied babies i would need to breed her to a pied,
Not correct at all. To get pied offspring you have to pair her at least to split pied male.

greetings
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Madas, thanks but what i meant by she has to be bred wth a pied male is that he has to be split or pied himself, i meant that if i bred her with a non pied bird, such as my green or turq blue male, wud the babies be split.

I know that she doesnt have to bred to a visual pied to produce visually pied babies, but a split at least will also produce pied babies.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

so thank you for your answer, and yes she is green recessive pied female, lovely little girl.

If bred with my turq male what babies would they produce?

Thank You
madas

Post by madas »

SCB -SA wrote:so thank you for your answer, and yes she is green recessive pied female, lovely little girl.

If bred with my turq male what babies would they produce?

Thank You
the offspring would be either green /blue /pied or green /turquoise /pied (for the male being turquoise blue).
the offspring would be green /turquoise /pied (for the male being turquoise).

greetings.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

So basically no matter what i breed her with the babies will tend to be visually green split for the other colours?
madas

Post by madas »

SCB -SA wrote:So basically no matter what i breed her with the babies will tend to be visually green split for the other colours?
Yes, if she isn't split for other mutations. But there is only one mutation she can be split for in my mind.
And this could be blue or turquoise (ino i can't imagine for a pied bird). So the offspring could be blue /pied or turquoise blue /pied as well if she is split for blue and turqouise blue /pied or turquoise /pied if she is split for turquoise.

greetings.