creamino

Moderator: Mods

mikeb

creamino

Post by mikeb »

can someone explain how this might of happened according to the genetic calculator breeding a grey cock to a creamino hen i should of only gotten blue turquoise and grey turquoise birds with the males split ino well i go 2 grey turquoise hens which is normal but i also got a creamino cock not supposed to happen right thanks mike
dog_glenn123

Re: creamino

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there the cock is split ino if you got a creamino cock.

1.0 grey(sf) blue /ino
x 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
% from all 1.0
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /ino
12.5% 1.0 blue /ino
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue /ino
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /ino
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) blue ino
12.5% 1.0 blue ino
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
% from all 0.1
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) blue ino
12.5% 0.1 blue ino
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) blue
12.5% 0.1 blue
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue

Have you had the chicks DNA tested because that pair with or without the cock being split ino will produce both Turquiose grey cocks and hens.

Thanks Glenn
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

yes they were dna tested as a matter of fact i have him paired up with one of his daughters and she is sitting on 4 eggs right now. when i bought the grey cock i was told it was possibly split pallid but first year had him paired up with a blue hen and i got grey and blue babies none pallid then with the creamino and no pallids either, never thought to add ino in the mix THANKS mike
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

hi glen looking at the results whats the visual difference between grey turquoise blue and grey turquoise blue ino, does the ino bird just have red eyes thanks mike
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

OK the difference is alot actually.

The grey turquoise blue is visually to look at a grey bird with turquoise markings (which vary in amount).

The grey turquiose blue ino visually will look like a creamino but masking the grey colour, the blue ino masks violet, grey. as an example.

Thanks Glenn
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

so how do i tell the difference between the grey turquoise ino and the creamino birds
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

You cant tell until you breed them and then when the babies start coming out as grey's then you will no. If no grey combo babies then the chance is its just a creamino!

Examples below.

1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
x 0.1 blue
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /ino
25.0% 1.0 blue /ino
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue /ino
25.0% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /ino
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue ino
25.0% 0.1 blue ino
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
25.0% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino

Or with out the grey mutation masked.

1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino
x 0.1 blue
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 blue /ino
50.0% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /ino
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 blue ino
50.0% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino

Thanks Glenn
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

so it basicly works like the creamino is spit for grey but it is a grey turquoise blue ino bird and not split so it would be just an added bonus and wouldn't need it's mate to be visual or split THANKS for you help mike
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi Mike,

Sort of but IRN's cant be split grey they can only be visual but the grey is masked by the blue ino genes.

Thanks Glenn
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

right grey like violet are dominate and can't be split to. so it's a grey bird but looks creamino just like a grey violet bird is violet but looks grey
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Correct same concept. Also a Violet blue ino is visually albino masking the violet gene.

Ta Glenn
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

hi there glenn, you said earlier that the only way i could tell the difference between a turquoise blue ino and a grey turquoise blue ino would be by breeding it. well i bred a grey blue/ino cock to a grey turquoise blue hen and i got a creamino looking bird which should be a hen but it doesn't totally look like a creamino instead of it having a white or cream color it has an ashy white look like a very very light grey along with the lemon yellow would it be safe to say that this a grey turquoise blue ino bird or a double factor grey turquoise blue ino instead of turquoise blue ino ? thanks mike
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi Mike,

Yer i would say your right that its has the grey gene.
Hopefully Madas or Recio will put some input to the double factor part and how that will work.

If You where to breed that baby and it was double factor with anything all the babies will show the grey gene as it has two of them.

Thanks Glenn
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

ok is it just me here who is against pairing up birds that are blood related, such as a male and his daughter?
Sure its probably great for colouring and all, but what about the risks in breeding carries?!?
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

i would never pair up brother and sister but i would parent and sibling because the offsprings genes are only 1/2 from the parent you would be breeding it with and 1/2 from the other parent which is unrelated to the parent being bred with how do you think all these different color mutations came about when originally all there was just normal green birds mike
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Of course i understand that would have happened in the wild, I just personally (and again as i say it is my own personal opinion, which in actual fact, to you and everyone else counts for nothing) I feel its wrong to do it in captivity where they have no choise but to breed with what they are given.

No offense meant and hopefully none taken.
My own view on things.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi guys i sort of agree with both of you,

I wouldnt pair mutations that already exist to each other but if you need to
start creating another mutation that you think may be in a baby you have produce then you have no choice but to pair it back to a parent firstly and then a simbling secondly if the simbling has the same mutation,

Ta Glenn