Turquiose or aqua blue?

Moderator: Mods

SCB -SA

Turquiose or aqua blue?

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi,

is my boy turquiose or aqua blue? He has green on his wings, and his head has become more brighter in natural light with a green tinge to it.

I cannot capture what the naked eye can see in a photo due to lighting in my house being very poor. and not often do my birds go outside.

Thanks

here are his pics, he is 18 months old and finished his first moult 2 months ago.
Recio

Re: Turquiose or aqua blue?

Post by Recio »

Hi,

It looks turquoise (genetic turquoise-turquoise or turquoise-blue). Aqua-blue or aqua-aqua refere to the genetic composition of the bird but his phenotype is the same. Aqua IRN are very rare and are suposed to display a general emerald colour.

Recio
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Just wondering, do you think your bird is a boy because of DNA testing or surgical testing or because of the ring? I couldn't see any strong black feathers in the ring yet.

I'm asking because I have a bird with about the same strength of ring and she is supposed to be female but am wondering if the DNA test was wrong.

Ellie.
julie

Post by julie »

ellie with the bird in the pic it looks more like a shadow from the head to body. Kinda like the head has been stuck on later. Surprisingly some hens have really pretty rings.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks Julie.

Oh, and SCB... I meant to say that is a beautiful bird regardless of colour. Congrats!

Ellie.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Lol no he has a thin ring of distinct black feathers, but as i say due to lighting at home and my camera, you cannot see it clearly, what looks like the shadow is his ring, and the white at the back of the ring has started coming in now as well, as well as his behaviour (his dancing etc) i know he is male.