White Indian ringneck

Moderator: Mods

jeansieluvszazoo

White Indian ringneck

Post by jeansieluvszazoo »

Hi everyone!

I have a question, not sure if it will be obvious or not, but I am thinking about purchasing a white indian ring neck and I was wondering if there are any defects with this color of bird?
I remember reading somewhere that albino animals are more prone to infections. Not sure if this is true but I wanted to see other people's thoughts.
Also, what makes them white? I mean, I can see how you get the blue, greyish color and the green ones, but white? Not sure about...
Thanks in advance!
dog_glenn123

Re: White Indian ringneck

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there,

The reason the white (albino) is that colour is because it a bird lacking melanin in most cases its a blue bird which genetically - blue ino,

You can also have as an example grey blue ino , violet blue ino etc. they all look white.

A lutino bird id a green bird that has the ino gene expressed which makes it look yellow.

Now the issue with it being siseptable to desease and illness is rubbish you feed and look after it very well and you will have no problems,

Male albino's wont get a ring.

The only thing that can happen is in all species of albino's they can get sunburnt.

Hope it helps thanks Glenn
ashleyjames222

Post by ashleyjames222 »

dog_glenn123 wrote:Hi there,

The reason the white (albino) is that colour is because it a bird lacking melanin in most cases its a blue bird which genetically - blue ino,

You can also have as an example grey blue ino , violet blue ino etc. they all look white.

A lutino bird id a green bird that has the ino gene expressed which makes it look yellow.

Now the issue with it being siseptable to desease and illness is rubbish you feed and look after it very well and you will have no problems,

Male albino's wont get a ring.

The only thing that can happen is in all species of albino's they can get sunburnt.

Hope it helps thanks Glenn
Thanks for sharing i don't know these things
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

The albino is. An established mutation with a wide gene pool thus the birds are relatively strong. Aside from sunburn repeated albino to albino or red eyed to red eyed birds will result in eye/vision problems.