Turquoise Gray

Moderator: Mods

enmonjea

Turquoise Gray

Post by enmonjea »

I am wondering if the greenish feathers on turquoise gray (pastel gray) have any chance of taking time to show.

I purchased Pohi 4 months ago, and is 8-9 months old now. He was sold to me as a gray split ino. I do not remember the exact combination (mother or father), but the breeder said that one of his parents was turquoise. I looked it up on the gen calculator later that day and saw that he would have to be a turquoise gray given the combination he gave me. I brushed it off as the breeder lying to me or being unsure. However, about 2 months ago i noticed Pohi had greenish feathers showing up on his neck and head. I've been posting around forums trying to see if this is a health thing or if he somehow stained his feathers, but nobody can figure out how this is possible since he has chewed zero green/ yellow things, and he eats a pretty healthy combination of fresh greens/natural colored pellets.

I have lost my camera, so the quality of this is really low (iphone) and Pohi seems to be going through a tiny beginning of a molt, I believe? He is looking a tad bit straggly at the moment compared to even a week ago. but what do you guys think? It would be quite cool for him to be Turquoise grey split ino, but I wasn't planning on breeding him so either way is wonderful... but he sure does look a silly with all those random green feathers! lol. I just want to know if this is a genetic thing, or if I need to look harder into things he could be getting into. Thanks guys!!!!

-Erica

Image Image
julie

Re: Turquoise Gray

Post by julie »

it does come in later as far as i know. A few people have thought they had straight blues,greens ect and then after a moult they have discovered they are a turq.
julie

Post by julie »

check out this thread http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... ise#p58023 spike was totally a differnt color when he/she was young
enmonjea

Post by enmonjea »

Thanks for the replies. That would be really cool... hopefully he'd come in as a nice looking one and gets more green then this! Little mutt looking thing now =) And WOW at that thread you posted... what a difference. :o I can't wait for him to go through his first big molt so I can see what is going on here!