no idea on genetics ect

Moderator: Mods

sarahb

no idea on genetics ect

Post by sarahb »

well ive recently purchased a breeding pair they have breed before ect and have been in the nest box already i was just wondering since they are both green does this mean they will only have green babys i have no idea on splits or what there parents are ect so this may be a question that cant be answered but thought id ask anyway if there parents were differant colours could this mean that the babys may be some other colour then green. this will be my first lot of babys and i was just curiouse.
sarahb

Re: no idea on genetics ect

Post by sarahb »

Also another question i know they dont lay all there eggs at the one time i just wanted to know when she lays her first one will she stay in there and sit on it or will she be in and out until they are all laid before she stays in there and sit on them?
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

if you have 2 green IRNs you will get all green babies unless one or both of your IRNs are spilt to another color
if the parents of you IRNs where different colors then just plain green it could be possible to get different color babies

some hens start sitting with just one egg and others wait untill they have 2 or more
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Thanks heaps for the reply it was really helpful im not really worried what colour the babys are because i think all the colours are great but was just interested to know so thanks again for shedding a bit of light for me.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

If you get any blue bubs, then both parents are split blue, or any lutino bubs will all be girls and dad will be split ino.

One of my pair usually has at least 4 eggs laying an egg every second day after the first one. She usually begins incubating on the third egg.
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Thanks for your input pinkdevil really appreciate it :D