alex or another male for my male moustache?

Moderator: Mods

bohnnco

alex or another male for my male moustache?

Post by bohnnco »

Hi,

I have a 9 month old male moustache. He has a nice sized King's cage, tons of toys that I rotate in and out (lots of natural wood toys from pedproductsbynature.com), I shower with him at least 3 times a week, he eats zupreem with plenty of fresh apples, carrots, mustard greens, some almonds but no seed. I have a full spectrum light and a second outdoor cage where he can get nice, filtered sun during the day. I can watch him, the cage is just outside my office. When he is in the house, I rarely keep his cage closed. He hangs out under his light on the perch above the cage as long as I am around to make sure he stays put.

The problem is he picks. I would not say plucks because he has no bare spots. He just has a mostly down/gray chest and legs. The vet says he is already showing signs of sexual maturity, which is very rare at his age.

I do not want to breed. I am OK with losing him as single companion but I really do not know how to manage a breeding pair.

The bird store has a few males and females from another clutch as well as a few very young male alex's. Could they possibly live together? I really doubt it would work out but perhaps if they were in cages side-by-side?

Thanks,
Brett
Melika

Re: alex or another male for my male moustache?

Post by Melika »

I don't see why not, in separate cages. Like any birds though, they won't necessarily get along just because you want them to. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay