Baby IRN behaviors

Moderator: Mods

Diane

Baby IRN behaviors

Post by Diane »

I have a question for those of you with babies. My baby is just 10 weeks old. He's full of fun and is starting to make noises. One of his noises is a slight noise kind of like a cat meow. He does it when he sees me and sometimes when he's eating. Has anyone else experienced this type of noise? He is my first IRN and I'm not sure when to make of it :?:
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hello Diane and welcome to this forum!

Yes all Ringnecks make this sound. I love that noise as well! It’s very normal and it’s just the Ringneck’s way of saying, “I enjoy this very much.” So it seems you are doing everything right and your Ringneck seems to be very happy.

Best wishes and keep us updated on your baby Ringneck.

I.C.
indian ringneck

Post by indian ringneck »

Is this your first bird or have you had other birds before? I totally agree with "ringneck". He sounds extremely happy and content by the sound of him. It sounds as if he is getting lots and lots of attention each day.

:?: (I am having some troubly with "tagging". When I say [quote]text[/quote] it doesn't work always. Am I doing something wrong?)
Ringo

Post by Ringo »

I love that sound they make, a baby sound :D SO CUTE!
Enjoy it while it lasts, they won't be tiny little babies all their life :)
My Ringo had such cute baby noices first but then he started to say diffirend sounds when he got older and the baby sounds haven't come back, i miss them :)

Also love when they nod theyr head constantly when they are babies, asking for more food, TOO CUTE!! :D
indian ringneck

Post by indian ringneck »

Yeah, i've seen some lovely babies bobbing their little heads, and they were soo cute! I always thought that was a behavioral problem actually, and that they would stay doing that through adult size as well :? .
IRN Rio

Re: Baby IRN behaviors

Post by IRN Rio »

I have a green 7-8week old IRN named Rio. He/she always nods its head constantly. Is this normal? I does it wen it isnt hungry and when it is..
SCB 22

Post by SCB 22 »

Yep completely normal, also a baby thing... they grow out of it
JoeysMom

Post by JoeysMom »

Joey is seven months old and still makes this sound. It is an adorable noise. Although, I think she just makes this sound as part of her normal speech now, not using as a baby would. Still very cute! :D
-Joey's Mom