strange reaction of IRN...

Moderator: Mods

montymumu

strange reaction of IRN...

Post by montymumu »

hi there, my name's kris - i'm from newcastle upon tyne, england and i'm the owner of a gorgeous, but tempermental four-year-olf ringneck named monty... he currently lives with my mum & dad as i now have my own flat and am not allowed pets as such, ad i couldnt bear losing my baby... so i've let him stay in a place he knows.

he was largely aggressive towards everybody for the first 3 years or so, but recently i've been noticing he reacts to me in a totally werd way...

whenever i walk into to my parents' house i am greeted by an exceptionally loud squeak... something he only seems to do for me, and as i approach him he arches his head backwards, lifts his wings slightly and pushes his chest forward, whilst doing this he makes a very light chirupping noise, he is also totally friendly with me and i can touch him in his cage, he climbs on my hand and can be hand fed by me... the only trouble is, it's only me! he is still highly aggressive with my mum and dad and 2 sisters... and they live with him! i find this kinda wierd....... oh, one more thing, when i sit next to him, he reacts to every noise i make with the aforementioned loud squeak-type-noise....

does anyone know what this behaviour means...? and why does he react only to me...?

i'd be grateful for any help guys, just trying to figure it out.

kris...
Rolly

Re: strange reaction of IRN...

Post by Rolly »

It seems to me that your IRN's behaviour smacks of a found Love Object
that he's missed for sometime. And that"s you.
If you want it to stop, perhaps providing him with a mate would be a
sensible choice.
If your parents will approve of it.

Good Luck.
Lila_

Post by Lila_ »

He LURVES you! (and only you)
:)
sounds cute :)
bec

Post by bec »

riku is the same i bought him for my daughter hse cant have hime where she is living so he stays heree with me
i feed him & buy all his toys i clean his cage & who does he love?
LARISSA!!!!!!
he chose her & no substitutes will be accepted!!!
montymumu

Post by montymumu »

omg bec - thats just like monty, my parents do everything for him and he can't stand them!! *laughs* - but wow.... my baby loves me!!! :)

i've got some further developments for you guys..... i am keen for my parents to let him out of his cage, but they tell me he's far too aggressive towards them - i was wondering, what are the chances that he would come to me rather than attack anyone else? i guess what i'm getting at is - would it be a good idea to let him out? i think it would be good for him to stretch his wings a bit but i'm kinda hitting a brick wall with my parents... :S

hope you guys can advise me again.... :))

thanks muchly, kris
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:mrgreen: He loves you!!! They can be picky. My male used to be like this to my sister when ever she visited, even though hes always been my bird. But I had to leave him for a year as I went interstate and in that time he bonded with my sister whom he was staying with at my fathers. Even with a mate now. He'd still drop everyone (myself and his mate - yeah dont we feel special haha) if my sis walked in the door! Now that my sister lives here now. He's not that interested anymore LOL. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

one thing you could try if your parents will help is have one food that he absolutly loves that is only fed to him by them for this kind of thing i normally use popcorn as it doesnt detract from their diet if they decide they wont play the games today when you visit let him out but you dont give him the popcorn only your mum & dad do& only when hes not being agressive towards them it will encourage warm fuzzy feelings towards them
as he gets calmer around them encourage them to feed him the popcorn through the bars of the cage at first then start to let him out
just remember birds have a funny way of thinking if monty sees your mum or dad walking you to the door when you leave then letting you in when you come for a visit he may actually think that they are keeping his beloved you from him therefore they are evil & need to be punished!!! ( i know silly birds but we love them anyway) this could explain his behaviour towards them though
some times with these guys figuring out the reason for the behaiour gives us a clue on how to fix it
they are extremly intelligent & contantly challenging but never never boring
good luck & keep us posted!!!