Interaction IRN with other species?

Moderator: Mods

plavi_andeo

Interaction IRN with other species?

Post by plavi_andeo »

Please, can anybody tell me any species that will be ok with IRN in same cage? Any experience with mixing IRN with other species?
nil

Re: Interaction IRN with other species?

Post by nil »

please dont mix them
ringnecks must be alone in cage
Melika

Post by Melika »

Every bird is different. In general, ringnecks are not nice birds to other species- they aren't even nice to one another!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ringy76

Post by ringy76 »

hi there, i`ve got a couple of irn living quite well with 4 cockatiels 2 plumhead parekeets and a couple of red crested cardinals... they have lived together for a year now and havent got any problems at all... all birds are healthy and happy, u can tell for the way they behave...of course i am not talking about a cage... they live in a small AVIARY i built in the backyard garden with plenty of room to fly around.
The ringnecks dont go looking for troubles, they just fly around and sit on the highest perches. they seem fine having other birds around but they dont like it if somebird comes or sits too close to them, they will screem and make the other bird go away.
so i think if u r planning to have a mix coleccion of birds then get or built an aviary... a cage.. even the biggest ones are too small. ur ringneck will attack the other bird and u r gonna end up hurting ur birds
good luck.