Male vs. female?

Moderator: Mods

plavi_andeo

Male vs. female?

Post by plavi_andeo »

Which is more friendly and more used to talk? Is there difference between males and females? :?:
Fah

Post by Fah »

Only difference is visually, people have opinions so expect some rather different points of view.

It boils down to the bird, how well you manage the pet, and how well it was hand reared that determines its pet quality.

In regards to talking... well its anyones guess what you will get from your bird.. they both talk just as much as the other in a general sense... but some have no interest in talking at all, some talk like mad.. just like people :D

If your not worried about the differences visually, there is nothing to worry about which sex you choose.

Despite popular belief as well.. there is utterly no difference in behaviour from females and males before the age of 1.5-2yrs, around this time the hens can get a little clucky if you have a box for it to sleep in / cubby tent, but not all go like this.. and often people have impressions because of not being able to manage such a situation well with their birds (ie; taking away the 'nest' during breeding season.

Hope that helped :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I have a girl who is the most sookiest ringie I own.

I am not sure what sex my other tame IRNs are yet as they are coming up to 12 months old.

Someone else has a female IRN, and she has quite a range of phrases and words.

I have an aviary male IRN who says a couple of words and has taught his neighbouring ringies the same words lol