Anthony swears he heard Anakin talk! and a bathing question

Moderator: Mods

SkyBaby

Anthony swears he heard Anakin talk! and a bathing question

Post by SkyBaby »

I was sitting in the living room on my laptop and Skye was out, but Anakin was in their cage. I heard a muffled "Good boy" and thought it was Skye. Sometimes he's really clear and when he's just practicing, he muffles it a bit. Anthony happened to be walking by the birdies room at that moment and said "Hey! Anakin just said 'good boy'!!!" Skye was totally quiet and I looked up and realized he was actually asleep on his play gym. He does chatter when he's getting sleepy, but it's birdie language not talking.

Anakin is only 4 months old though. I think his hatchday is sometime in May. He was younger than Skye was when we first got him. For those of you who have ringies, what's the youngest you've heard yours start talking?

Now a total change of subject, but something I'm curious about.. and didn't want to make two posts.. so here it is. I've noticed Anakin gets waterlogged when he's under the stream of water in the shower. He loves bathing. Skye does too, but the water seems to roll of Skye and he ends up looking much less wet than Anakin. Anakin is soaked down the the bone. The top of Skye's head and his belly feathers are the only feathers that get really wet. The rest of him is somewhat damp, but his feathers seem to absorb much less water than Anakin's do. What would this mean?
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Anyone? I am curious..
bec

Post by bec »

maybe annikin gets further in the water than sky?
i know with riku he fluffs up more so the water seems to get him wetter than skeet who is very dainty at bathtime & doesnbt fluff up as much
julie

Post by julie »

spike started talking at around 4 months but it was more of a she thought noone was around to hear thing.

With the bathing I don't think its anything to worry about, Mika (alex) gets that into bathing that he presses against the spray bottle if i stop and he hardly shows that he is wet, but indie (lutino) looks absolutely drowned when he has a bath.
maloney

Post by maloney »

hi i just wondering do irn hav baths a lot cause smurfs never had one since ive had him and thts been 4 months.

toni
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

maloney wrote:hi i just wondering do irn hav baths a lot cause smurfs never had one since ive had him and thts been 4 months.

toni
Any parrot will benefit from a bath. If your bird is scared to death, don't force him. I take mine in the shower with me and they see me having a good time so they want to get in the water too.

Another thing you could try is filling a shallow dish with clean water and set that by them and start vacuuming in the room with your birdie. For some reason, the sound of a vacuum stimulates them to bathe. It does my two every time I vacuum.
bec

Post by bec »

some like the shower , some like to bath in a bowl of water , some like the spray bottle other just like water any way they can find it!!!
as you can see here riku just loves being wet doesnt care how he gets that way!!!
this was taken after riku had a bath in his water bowl then got the sray bottle too!!
CalamariBaby

Re:

Post by CalamariBaby »

toni
Any parrot will benefit from a bath. If your bird is scared to death, don't force him. I take mine in the shower with me and they see me having a good time so they want to get in the water too.

Another thing you could try is filling a shallow dish with clean water and set that by them and start vacuuming in the room with your birdie. For some reason, the sound of a vacuum stimulates them to bathe. It does my two every time I vacuum.
It is funny you say this because each time I vacuume under Zazu's cage he jumps in his water dish. The longer I vacuume the more radical his bath. My kids think it is so funny.
Allie