hmmm what to do.

Moderator: Mods

robbiesangel

hmmm what to do.

Post by robbiesangel »

3 weeks 2day since we got tommy, n things aint getting any beter, he dont make no sounds he drop to botom of cage when we go in cage, we took his mirror n metall bowl off him n since hes gone very quiet... but is more active, with these item in cage he be more vocal but just sit next to bowl or mirror, are we doing something wrong.
sherry

Post by sherry »

He is still adjusting to his enviornment-be patient. It took my IRN 2 months to stop running for his life when I put my hand in the catge or just walked by. Try talking quietly to your bird, and offering a treat when you pass the cage.
leo

Post by leo »

i think work with him form outside of his cage will be better
like, if he is okay with your presence and do not fly about when you are sitting beside her cage, then you can try
like, before you feed him, sit beside his cage and eat some thing, offer him a bit, if he do not take it, just drop it in to the cage, he will soon learn that you are nice and will give him treat in the morning

good luck
eggy

Post by eggy »

And the number one thing for gaining your birds trust is patience, you' ve got to bond with your bird at his own speed.

good luck :)