Please Pray for my Babies!!!!

Moderator: Mods

sherry

Please Pray for my Babies!!!!

Post by sherry »

I am so near tears as I am writing this. :cry: I have posted a few times on this site about my adopted IRN Pacman and how I am his third owner and am trying to tame him. He has had a hard short little life-3yrs old. Well when he was molting I noticed bald patches around his neck and on top of his head, his feet were flaky and scaly and he is not eating as much as he used to- he is being very picky. He has also lost some grams. Well I took him to the vet and they told me that he may have PFBD- I am so crying right now. I quaranitned him for three months. I am also beside myself because I have two other FIDS whom I love dearly and they have been exposed!!! :cry: The vet ran some the PFBD blood test and told me that the results will take five days. Meanwhile I have quarantine him from the other birds-but I am afraid that it may be too late and if the diagnosis is positive then my whole flock will be lost!!! I am sitting here crying because I feel it is my fault especially exposing my other babies who are my life-since I can't have children-they are my children and they may be gone. I am asking for prayers that the diagnosis is negative and Pacman will get well and if it is positive that my other babies are safe. :cry: :cry:
julie

Post by julie »

Bugger. heres hoping it will all be ok and its something else. Try not to worry yourself too much until the results come back.
jennamarie

Post by jennamarie »

awww please keep us updated with what happen's and i'm sure evrything will be ok
My Bird is my Best Friend !!
Archie - Blue IRN
DOB - 22/02/09
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Damn, keep us updated.
sherry

An Update

Post by sherry »

I am still waiting for the results, but I am starting to see pin feathers replacing the bald spots and he is back to his greedy self and squawkng to get out of the " sick" cage. :wink: I hope that the results are negative. My other birds seem ok and the previous owner of PACMAN said his feathers fell out last year also-so maybe it is a bald molt since I live in a desert low humadity environment. I will keep you updated. I am trying to keep my hopes up.
bec

Post by bec »

they can look horrible during moults & i have heard if they have a squirt bath(spray bottle ) it can ease the irritation for them
julie

Post by julie »

bec wrote:they can look horrible during moults & i have heard if they have a squirt bath(spray bottle ) it can ease the irritation for them
I have heard the same , but some people say to put some aloe Vera juice in the spray.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Fingers crossed that Pacman does not have PFBD.

I am sure all of us here will be sighing a huge relief along with you when the tests come back negative. :)
bluepepe09

Post by bluepepe09 »

Hope all is ok with your babies.....

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed
If all other approaches fail......there is always Kevlar. :)
sherry

Post by sherry »

I still do not have the results-called vet yesterday. He has spiky feathers growing where the bald spots were and is doing his normal thing-eating and squawking- I will let you know and thanks for the encourgement and the prayers.
sherry

Post by sherry »

Welll I recieved the lab results today and they were NEGATIVE!! :D :D The vet said since we live in a dry, desert climate his skin my be dry causing feathers to fall out or the stress of moving my also have caused a bad molt, but she wants me to bring him back in two weeks for an Avian Profile and another check up to see how his feathers are growing in. Thank you everybody-it's amazing these birds can claim a place in our hearts and you worry for them. He has had such a terrible short life that he deserves to live the rest of his life in food and happiness :D :D Well it's back to taming again. :wink:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

That is GREAT news sherry. Bet that is a load off your mind.
_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

Im sooo happy for you and your birds :) its good news that he is not sick!!!! I wish you and your FIDS all the best :)
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/

Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Is great to know this news about your baby!!! :D

Alex
sherry

Post by sherry »

Well, Pacman's feather's are growing in nicely and I am giving him flaxseed oil to stop his beak from drying out and aloe vera in his water for his feathers. I knew he was back to normal when all of his pellets were eaten and he is very vocal again. Thank you once again for your prayers and thoughts I just wish the taming was as easy. He is still scared of my hand and of the buddy perch that I have bought him. Can anyone give me othe suggestions I have tried everything that I know that has tamed my other birds, but nothing is working with him. :(