Archie's turned really nasty...HELP!!!

Moderator: Mods

jennamarie

Archie's turned really nasty...HELP!!!

Post by jennamarie »

i've had archie for nearly 2 months now and then this last week he's turned HORRIBLE! he atacks me everytime i go near him, he attacks his toys, he always tries to bite me and when i go to the cage he runs at me to get me. He never used to be like this. the only person he will go to is my boyfriend but i live with my parents and i spend most time with him but its like he hates me all ov a sudden. i tried to get him out of his cage today to clean it out and he just went for my hand and its making me scared of him. can anyone tellme why all of a sudden he has gone like this and what i can do, its really upsetting me. :cry:
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

From your videos he looked like
a nice bird, maybe he went into
a bluffing stage? Either way just
ignore the bites & continue what
you usually do with Archie, wen
he bites you don't say a word
just go on with it.. Good luck.
jennamarie

Post by jennamarie »

i no he usually is a nice bird he's just turned all of a sudden. I try to ignore his bites but sometimes he really hurts. i hope he gets beck to normal
bec

Post by bec »

thats sounds like blufffing dont worry its a temporary thing
its a hormonal thing (kinda like teenage yearswith human kids) u.s.marine has it right ignore the biting and other behaviour kepp acting as normal they do come through it out of my 6 irns ive gone through it with 3 of mine and they were all over it in weeks
(i got 2 as adults & one im just waiting for the bluffing to start)
there are lots of post on here about how to cope
good luck keep us posted
courtney

Post by courtney »

The more drama you give the more he will bluff. They LOVE drama and attention and if they get this they will bite more. My IRN who passed away, Rascal was very nasty and bit but I ignored it and he kind of stopped. He was the boss and was trying to dominate me. I loved him to peaces and would not trade that nasty bird in for anything. But try not to be scared of him, he will pick up on that and don’t move you hand away fast when he tries to bite. That is what he wants you to do.
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.

jennamarie

Post by jennamarie »

thanks guys :) i hope it gets better soon haha
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

bec wrote:thats sounds like blufffing dont worry its a temporary thing
its a hormonal thing (kinda like teenage yearswith human kids) u.s.marine has it right ignore the biting and other behaviour kepp acting as normal they do come through it out of my 6 irns ive gone through it with 3 of mine and they were all over it in weeks
(i got 2 as adults & one im just waiting for the bluffing to start)
there are lots of post on here about how to cope
good luck keep us posted
Bec..do all Ring necks go through this stage, it is
possible for a Ring neck to not go through bluffs?
bec

Post by bec »

not all of them do but all the ones ive had at the age for it
from what i was told about kieron he went thru it and was then placed in avairy