Rubbing your Ringnecks beak?

Post by U.S Marine »

My bird does not want to be petted yet.. :(
But i can rub my birds beak with my nose
only. Do you rub your bird's beak, Does
the bird actually get pleasure from this :?:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I rub my babies beaks between my fingers and it seems to have a soothing effect on them. Infact, most often fall asleep while I do this. :)

This is one of my bubs that I raised from 2 years ago. Even though in this clip I am not rubbing her beak, this is how most react when I do. lol

link
Fah

Post by Fah »

Birds do indeed have blood vessels and nerve endings throughout the beak itself. It is a continually growing 'tooth' like scructure and basicly the only part of the beak that doesnt have these going on is towards the tips (often the clear or less coloured area is noticable here)

The sensation could be comparable with our fingernails for example, the nail itself cant feel it, but the sensation can be felt underneath.

A birds beak is a very intimate and social role when it comes to its partner and their young, and there are actually feathers on an IRN either side of the beak that if tickled a certain way you can actually get them to simulate feeding a bub. (kinda gross lol).
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I used to play 'got your beak' alot with Jibby. hehe. He loved it!

Jibby likes to cuddle into my cheek, then he starts rubbing his beak of my cheek. :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

pinkdevil wrote:I rub my babies beaks between my fingers and it seems to have a soothing effect on them. Infact, most often fall asleep while I do this. :)

This is one of my bubs that I raised from 2 years ago. Even though in this clip I am not rubbing her beak, this is how most react when I do. lol

link
bowserthebad (1 year ago)
i hate parakeets they are iddiatic i like aracnids (spiders) they will posion you and will suck your brain out with a bendy staw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, What was that?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

U.S Marine wrote:
pinkdevil wrote:I rub my babies beaks between my fingers and it seems to have a soothing effect on them. Infact, most often fall asleep while I do this. :)

link
bowserthebad (1 year ago)
i hate parakeets they are iddiatic i like aracnids (spiders) they will posion you and will suck your brain out with a bendy staw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, What was that?
lol not sure who or what statement that person was trying to make.
Maybe they thought it would be a scare tactic that didn't work as we have spiders as pets to! lol :D :D :D
Sam O'Grady

Post by Sam O'Grady »

I rub my baby IRN beak all the time he seems to like it and makes him fall asleep. I have got in to the habit of doing this every night with Merlin i think he looks forward to it, i cup him in my hands so he feels safe and warm and we both have a nap. very cute. :) he is only 6 weeks old
Sam