Need help...Should i do it?

Moderator: Mods

U.S Marine

Need help...Should i do it?

Post by U.S Marine »

My bird has chewed feathers from being in a cage with its sibblings before i received it, I think two are broken off with a chewed feather making it 3 in total. Will they be replaced as the bird moults or should i pull them out, Has anyone ever did what i might have to do?

julie

Post by julie »

that shouldn't be a problem, it will most likely fall out when he she moults. as long as its not hurting the bird it looks ok.
Fah

Post by Fah »

Yeah, so long as they are not getting caught on anything due to breakages / dmg or they are not causing your bird to attempt to excessively preen those dmged feathers then just leave them as they are.

They will certainly moult out and less effort the bird has to put on replacing feathers the better.
ange

Post by ange »

lol, that is how my bird's tail looked, and now he has none, lol, they have all fell out, my little stumpy tail always leans against the cage, i try to move him, but he doesn't, lol. I hope they grow back
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

dude what are u thinking? pulling out the feather. have u ever had someone grap u by the hair and start pulling it out.
ange

Post by ange »

Lol, i never pull his feathers, i meant to say that "I try to move my bird when his tail is squashed against the cage" lol He never moves though, he doesn't seem to care what happens to his tail feathers lol