Update on Spit - is he going crazy?

Moderator: Mods

ryelle

Update on Spit - is he going crazy?

Post by ryelle »

It's been a while since i posted, so i thought id give an update. A lot has happened the past few months, and as of the past month we have been living at my mums house. We were a little worried how the animals would cope with the sudden move - more so Spit because he HATED my brother and thought he'd be super stressed having to live with him. Well, Spit now loves my brother. He dances to my brother when he comes in the room and he whistles and will take food from my brothers hand - and step up on my brothers drum sticks hahaha. I got a new Rat to be friends with my current Rat in late November. His name is Patrick and hes adorable (ill have to post a pic).

But since moving... all the animals have gone NUTS!! I had to seperate the rats yesterday because the baby Patrick has started beating up my old boy, and Spit is going OUT HIS MIND!!

So: here are some latest pics of my handsome fella. Hes 2years and 8 months old now...

I made a cover for his cage because my boyfriend works nights and Spit used to be in the main room, and kept getting woke up when he came in from work. It also helped the walls from getting covered in gunk when Spit ate his dinner.

This is what its like at my mums house:

As you can see, its quite dark in there because its round the corner from the window. so i uncover the side to give him some light.

Hes going mental though. He screams at the birds, the people, the dogs, the cars - anything that walks past the window. Hes frantically chewing everything in his cage aswell. Im having to put pieces of material in because he is chewing anything and everything. Hes also running about like a lunatic lately too. Pacing, screaming, growling, climbing, running, over and over again.

My questions:

should i move his cage somewhere away from the window but with enough light?
should i keep the side of his cage covered?
anything i can do to stop him from freaking out so bad?

If i open the cage door he will climb on to the top of the cage and he runs circles, and stops to look out the window and then runs off again making a crying noise.

I swear if this bird ever got out - we would never see him again. He has a sort of lust for the outside world
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

1# The window is fyne, If its warm outside you can open the window but make sure to close the window at night i don't care how hot it is.

2#The cage does not have to be coverd,

3# He will stop freaking out wen he feels comfortable.

Make sure wen your window is open you have a screen on the window, Do not ever lift that screen up.
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

He is one handsome fella alright :D
I especially love the second pic :D what a poser :lol:
MJAY