Rainbow is home--now what! LOL

Moderator: Mods

jrsantana

Rainbow is home--now what! LOL

Post by jrsantana »

We brought Rainbow home yesterday and we are hoping we are helping him adjust and settle. He likes sitting on my and my daughters shoulder and giving kisses, cooing and purring. He says "Rainbow Pretty Boy" to get your attention.
However he climbes circles around his cage and we open the door and he climbs to the top and does laps but then he tried to jump. He seems nervous which worries us cause he was a rescue (we abopted him) that had plucked out his feathers.
Anyway, I could go on with question, but would be easier to ask:
What more can we do to help him settle and help this transition into a wonderful relationship for everyone?
Also, any suggestions on helping him grow back healthy feathers? Here are pics taken this morning and yesterday.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

aww I love that second picture!! He's adorable!! dunno what to tell you about plucking. I'm gonna let someone with more experience than me take that one. Good luck!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I agree with Skybaby...that second pick gets the "awwwws" going lol.

What a sweet natured bird. I am sure he will do just fine living with you if that is the way he is behaving after just 1 day.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

he is beatiful look at that fab ring.

Umm with the plucking thats a shame, i would use a conditioning mix with his seed to help let those feathers go back to normal.

Is he still plucking, if not give him time they will grow back, if not just look around how everything is. Putting the cage in a corner so when he is on his cage or in he has a safe place to be, with only 2 sides exposed to everyone. (not sure if this will work) we had to put Amazon in a corner for a while as he freaked in our new place he settled down and now is only on one wall.

I hope he gets better, and someone else can help you
Sharlene and Amazon
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

ohh yes what a sweetie - that second piccy is a definate ahh