So Sad I Had To Sale Cupcake

Moderator: Mods

countrygal_cc

So Sad I Had To Sale Cupcake

Post by countrygal_cc »

I wanted to talk with you guys tonight. I posted pics on here from time to time of cupcake. I am really missing my cupcake. I bought cupcake in may of this year since then cupcake changed to a different bird known as the bluffing stage I could not deal with it and cupcake didn't like my husband would jump at him and bite his feet very mean. I tried my best to deal.
Cupcake would bite me and I was getting mean I tried to deal with it. I didn't want to be mean to cupcake and my husband didn't like cupcake at all it was bad times. I let cupcake out all the time. Cupcake's fav thing was shoes I always gave cupcake shoes. I was good to cupcake. I am heart broken. I am going through a hard time. These birds are one of a kind and they do leave a mark on your heart. I had put an ad in the paper selling cupcake for 200 a lady called yesterday and she wanted to see cupcake she had a 9 and 7 year old boy and a 4 month old girl. I was as honest as I could be about cupcake. They was a very nice family the little boy they was buying cupcake for was a sweet boy. They wanted cupcake I told them cupcake was biting. I read on here to blow their beak but I forgot to tell them that. I sold cupcake for 200 I came home and was broken inside I wanted cupcake to have the best home possible. Yesterday cupcake got into some of my shells and then was sitting under my chair times I will remember. I can't hardly talk about cupcake without crying or hurting when I put cupcake in her cage she did bite me. I am not sure what was wrong with her. I tried my best to do everything for her I hope I didn't leave a mark on her I was not dealing with her biting me I told her no and pointed my finger put her across the floor things you shouldn't have done then I felt bad about it and my husband would yell at cupcake it was just in god's hands to get those people to me. I loved cupcake so much I have all the pics of her. I hope she is happy. Will she be able to bond to the little boy? I talked with the lady as much as I could as to what cupcake was like. Here lately you just had to wait for cupcake to come around to you. Last night I went to bed and cried so hard it was hard for me please pray for my cupcake.
Thanks, Misty
Park outside where the air is cool...
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

sorry to say this but that is horrible! :evil: i would never give any of my pets up, my two indian ringnecks attach me everytime i go into thier aviery. but i love them with all my heart and i would do anything for them!
Fah

Post by Fah »

I am of a different opinion Countrygal, and what sheena obviously doesnt realise is that each and every situtation is different. You did what you did because you had to. I have put pet birds that just didnt want to be pets into breeding situations in the past.. and I know I can pump out some crazy cuddly bubs... it just shows you can get birds that dont want to be that friendly with certain people.

I am not the kind of persoon myself who would love and adore an animal that would bite / try to tear me appart... I would try everything I could, and then face the realisation that maybe they just arent for me.

People saying that there is an eternal love that goes before anything, are that way because its who they are.. they are not wrong... but they shouldnt impose their beliefs on you... so think nothing of it.

Relax, take some time to yourself, read up on anything you think you might be lacking on, and if you feel like getting back into them, jump to it, else just sit back and enjoy life as it comes.

Best of luck Misty.
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

I agree with Fah - you did what you thought best and i guess after time you will be able to move on - just let yourself go thru teh greiveing cause that is what you are going thru - the sun shines at some stage Misty :)
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

i do realise but still u shouldnt give up ur pet. maby misty should have thought about the bluffing stage before she got cupcake
TD

Post by TD »

I agree with Fah too (with some understanding of Sheena's point, by doing some research first), lots of people give up their pets for various reasons, and the main thing is, Misty has made sure that she gave cupcake to a great home. The bluffing stage is not something well known in the avicultural world as a whole, and I am sure lots of new Ringneck owners are not made aware of this behaviour straight away. Good luck to you Misty.
Deano

Post by Deano »

thats a really sad thing to hear an you are obviously very upset by the whole thing and im sure it wasn't a desicion that was reached easily, but you had to do what was best for all.
clear

Post by clear »

i agree with all the answers
i have had a little trouble with my first lot of 3 babies ,they are great to handle or were, now 2 of them started to bite my granddaughter and wife but not me, So i done some reading on some of the earlier posts in other forums here, Got some great ideas put them into practice and just 2 weeks down the road have one sitting on there hands again .the other one is getting close to it i think a little longer and will have it doing the same ,that is good news yes ....But i went away for a overnight trip and the one that was sitting on there hand again and takeing things from them attacked the wife bite her bad .i want to keep up the training but for the sake of peice and quiet in the house hold i think this one will be put in avery out the back and bred with .if i didnt have cages out the back i would have done the same and sold it . so really its the indvidual who has to make up there mind in what they have to do
we try
countrygal_cc

:-(

Post by countrygal_cc »

Thank you guys for the support. It has been very hard on me. My husband doesn't understand because he wasn't attached to cupcake. Me and Cupcake had some good times together. I cry at night when my husband goes to bed I didn't realize it would be so hard on me it's like losing a person. I think about the special times we had playing cards, cupcake eating a cracker with his feet and carrot, cupcake picking up my guitar pick, cupcake getting into the shells and paper clips.. I still have the two shoes here cupcake liked.
Cupcake walking into the bedroom looking for me. How do I get past this hurt is it normal? My husband says its not normal he didn't like cupcake so he never bonded with cupcake. I was so sad last night I wanted to post something on here at 11:00 I am thankful to talk to you guys all your support helps me. It is hard to deal with a biting bird. I didn't want to
be mean to cupcake and my husband was being mean to cupcake because she would jump at him he was yelling at cupcake I hope cupcake wasn't damaged I wanted to find cupcake a good home I love cupcake. I didn't get the family's phone number that got cupcake. I hope they will call me
soon. It's so hard. Misty
Park outside where the air is cool...
leo

Post by leo »

hi misty...in 1 way, i think u should not give him up...but...i believe you know what best for cup...you have my support all the way...

cheers...you will be okay...so will cup
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............