yelling at foot!

Moderator: Mods

mamad876

yelling at foot!

Post by mamad876 »

Hello all,

My IRN, Cocab doing something strange !
He yells at his foot, Hi keep his foot up in front of his beak and starts yelling at his foot, I have seen he yells at his toys but I don't know why his is yelling at his foot?
Is there something wrong with him?

He is about one year old (I think) and very healthy except unexpected moulting (see post "Loosing Feathers"). He eat very well almost every thing I provide him. Very tame. Takes shower every two days. Started to talk about two month ago. I didn't clip his feathers and he can fly freely in home.

I'm realy worry about this behavior.
Thanks is advance for your help.

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My girl does the same thing with her foot. Kinda like using body parts as her toys lol

She lifts her foot up near her beak, growls, pins the eyes, lunges at it, and even bites it gently, all this while she is sitting there looking quite content. She is the only one I have seen do this out of all my ringies.

She also brings her foot up to the same postion and makes cute little noises when asked if she wants a scratch. Very cute! :lol:
mamad876

Post by mamad876 »

Hey, Thanks for your info.

I would like to ask you something else, from yesterday I've seen something strange that make me worry, some times he screams turns his head and hit his beak to the perch or cage bars, I think he hits his beak very hard. I'm afraid that he injures himself! :(

Is it normal with IRNs or there is a problem with him. :shock:

Thanks again,
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: My Jibby does this too! It seems to be much more common than I thought.
Jibby waves his foot around his face, growling at it, then it 'attacks' his head, and he says 'I love yoooooou' to it. He seems to enjoy the 'possessed foot' but yells and growls at it as well as chatters to it softly.

At first I thought he was dreaming, because he only does it when hes napping or just before sleep time.

But the other day, I gave him one of his moulted feathers, and well.. he scratched his own head with it, doing the same thing as what he does with his foot. Have you seen 'tool using parrot' on youtube? Thats what it looks like, except most of the time without the tool (feather).

I think they just like to scratch their own heads!

Watch out to see if he attempts to scratch his own head. :)

About the beak hitting. Both my birds do this. They do it when, they want something and I say NO. Lola does it before she goes into a full blown temper tantrum. The initial hitting of the beak, I think, is to tell me off for saying NO. LOL.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

Post by leo »

hi, mine is about 15 month old, she puff up her head feather and pin her eyes and make the kuk kuk sound, then lift up her leg and try to grab her face...

any body then what this mean?
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
laine

Post by laine »

Smokey doesn't growl or yell at his foot, however, sometimes when he is really sleepy he will lift up his left foot (always the left) and look at it adoringly, give it a little pedicure then admire it again before going to sleep.
As for the banging the beak on the cage, he does this also. He to does it when he can't get his own way. Usually when I have put him in his cage when he doesn't want to go in. Lately he doesn't like bed time and always attacks the cage door or one particular toy that's hanging up - it is definately a temper tantrum - funny though.