free fligth training

Moderator: Mods

leo

free fligth training

Post by leo »

anybody know or expiriance outdoor free fligth training before?
for IRN?
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Fah

Post by Fah »

This is something that needs to be tackled at a very early age, and only with the most sound of health birds. You need the bird in peak mental health for this before even attempting (ie; if this was for leo i would be suprised if you could even get it to work at the moment knowing its history and state).

Free flight training is a highly dubious area, its great IF you are in a location without avian predators, and in a reasonably open location, and this is also an area that from friends experience needs to be tackled and trained very early on in the birds development, and only after you have really your bird coming to your command inside the house.

Once you have your bird taking to your hand etc on command, and you have a safe open field, you can invest in special training aids, such as harness and special cords etc.

I do not recommend this for anyone who has not confidently mastered their bird in the home environment.
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

This is what im probably going to get for my girl even if you cant teach free flight pretty sure the bird would enjoy the exercise http://www.theparrotuniversity.com/avia ... htline.php
Fah

Post by Fah »

They do enjoy it, some birds take to it, some dont. Really dont find out till you give it a try.
leo

Post by leo »

the vet pull all thebroken feather off...so, tango got no flight feather...now,allthe feather growing in well...he is much more calmer since then
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............