Helping with Biting

Moderator: Mods

Slagasse

Helping with Biting

Post by Slagasse »

Hello!

So I have read many of the posts on biting but I am worried my bird might aggressive. So he’s 8 weeks old and last week he was keen to come it have a look around and when he was out he’d sometimes bite my neck I’d hide or blow his beak and he’d stop. He seemed to nibble my shirt then try my neck. However this last week his biting is a bit more violent. He will come out and upon getting on my shoulder find skin and bite hard and hissing won’t stop and sometimes it’s behind my neck so I can’t blow. I have to tap his beak or pull him off because he’s drawing blood and making hideous bruises. This morning it was three tones and I put him away in the cage. I am unsure what to do. He’s got chewing toys and food and my first thought is maybe because I am at work he’s grumpy. He is a very nervous bird too. My plan was to bring him to work where he won’t be alone just waiting on a carrier.

These are my thoughts. Any of yours would be helpful. My last bird was an old rescued green cheeks babies are new to me.
I am
sanjays mummi

Re: Helping with Biting

Post by sanjays mummi »

Try Not to let him get behind you, and push into a bite, I know it hurts and your first instinct is to pull away, but push Into his beak when he bites.
Gibbo

Re: Helping with Biting

Post by Gibbo »

If your bird is only 8 weeks old, it could just be going through a phase called bluffing.

See the link below.

http://indianringneck.com/bluffing/