Just wanted to share!!!

Moderator: Mods

ElliottsMomma

Just wanted to share!!!

Post by ElliottsMomma »

I haven't been on in awhile. We have been so busy with my son starting Kindergarten and the little one on the way. Elliott is now over a year old and he is talking up a storm!! He says "good Boy" "elliott" "elli-bird" "watcha doing Elli- bird" "pretty bird" "step up" "hello" "what a pretty boy or what a pretty bird"and he does the "sexy" whistle as we call it. He is trying really hard to say more and sometimes you can make out a few words, but most of the time it is mummbling. He is such a riot to watch. He loves to play peek a boo and he has become our little home security system. Whenever we are at the door and he hears the key go in the door he starts his warning call!!
We are normally a very laid back family and we have eaten dinner in the living room (where Elliott's cage is) since we brought him home almost a year ago. He has become accoustomed to eating dinner with us. As soon as we sit down to eat he heads to his food dish and we all eat at the same time. Well since my son has started school we figured it would be best to start eating at the dinner table, like a traditional family. Well, Elliott is not happy about it. He cries and cries while we eat dinner and it is the most heartbreaking thing to listen to. I have actually caved and come into the living room to eat with him!!
And god forbid anyone tries to watch TV in the living room after 10pm. That is Elli's bedtime and he knows it!!! He will squack and squack and let you know that he wants to go to sleep! He will even let you know if you leave a light on in the house because he will not let you go to sleep until everything is turned off!!!
He is such a good little bird.....I just can't get over how much personality he has. I never thought a bird could become such a part of the family like Elliott has. I think of him as one of my children and I would do anything to protect him.
Well, just wanted to share with everyone. Hope everyone is doing good!!
Hotflats

Post by Hotflats »

awwww that's cute!!!!!

Spoiled fid! :lol:
laine

Post by laine »

That's really cute. I know what you mean, I have spoilt Smokey even more as he shares my plate and anything else I eat (as long as he is allowed to have it of course.) If I put him in his cage when I am home, he squawks so loud its unbearable. The equation is Elaine at home = Smokey out of cage. When we buy fish and chips he gets really excited cos he likes to choose his chip and run away with it - of course its become a game and we love it as much as he does. I am too much of a softie and I know he gets his own way more than he should :oops:
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

ohh that sounds liek so much fun:)

trust my gal does that one day :)