How do IRN's like to sleep?

Moderator: Mods

jojosparkels

How do IRN's like to sleep?

Post by jojosparkels »

I bought a fuzzy pouch which my IRN dosnt seem interested in?
I noticed someone on here had a ferret ball for a nest, are IRN's nesters or do they like to just perch while sleeping?

also my IRN dosnt play with ANY of the toys i bought for him, i have had him for about a week now and he is 2 yrs old.

Do you think he is just adjusting or can he really be that uninterested in playing???????
julie

Post by julie »

Most birds like to perch with one foot up and their feathers ruffled up. About the toy thing some birds don't really like to play with toys, indie had a bell that he used to grab and make it swing but that was about all he did with it, meika (alex) on the other hand likes to destroy toys and needs to have strong plastic ones.
laine

Post by laine »

Smokey loves his toys - and everyone elses for that matter. Zeke however, my son's cockateil, hates toys. We have bought and made so many different things for him but he looks at you as if he's saying "you don't honestly expect me to play with that do you?" It's as if toys are beneath him. Very, very occassionally he will play with a hanging bell but it is so funny to see his reaction if he sees you have watched him play with it. The look is almost "Don't get excited, I wasn't playing with it, it was in my way so I had to push it." It is quite funny.
threio

Post by threio »

Threio plays with his cage toys in the morning, however he loves his ropes. Basically like all children they like the cheap stuff.

I think its a 20ft of rope I got from Walmart and tied it in knots, loves to climb it all day.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN069.jpg

Threio's cage is actually under this strand of rope.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I think he might be adjusting. Sky didn't play with his toys for about a week after i first brough him home. Now he's all over them. :D