IRN Behaviour Part 2

Moderator: Mods

syamazher

IRN Behaviour Part 2

Post by syamazher »

In continuation of Last post . . . . ..

Now about second one, who is almost one year old . . . his ring around neck has just stated emerging . . . he is less talkative and was quite friendly with old owner . . now is not sitting on my hand . . . i can make him sit on my hand forcefully but it dont make him relax . . . he comes out of cage and walk around but whenever i want to hold him . . . he starts running to his cage and hide in side the cage . . . . what i have to do in this case . . . .

one last thing . . . i have recently bought both these parrots . . . only a week ago . . . and i have no past experience of having any parrot . . . .

please help me . ????????
sanjays mummi

Re: IRN Behaviour Part 2

Post by sanjays mummi »

It takes more than a week!, and with older birds maybe even longer to adjust, they must learn to trust you, they are in a strange environment, with strange people, they need lots of time and patience, Don't force them into Anything, you could get bitten, and an IRN draws blood when angry or scared. Back off, be quiet and slow and let them chill and settle in.
syamazher

Post by syamazher »

thanks sanjay . . . . waiting for your input regarding the part one of this post . . . . thanks once agan
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Read all you can on this site as you will find the answers you seek.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You need to read more on this site, but the recourse is to patiently go through the getting to know your parrot, sharing your meals and talking to him, spending a lot of time together, if you only see them for one hour in the morning and one hour at night you need to change your routine IRN are very sociable birds, leaving them alone for long periods of time and they will revert back to the wild state. if you want lovely tame and friend parrots you to spend that time together with them.