IRN Behaviour Part 1

Moderator: Mods

syamazher

IRN Behaviour Part 1

Post by syamazher »

Hi . . . I have two IRN Green males . . . .

one is more than 2 years old . . . . first let me ask about his issue . . . he is well tamed and fully talkative bird . . . his old owner was giving him a lot of time and carry him almost every where he goes. . . . he spend a lot of time out of cage and some time on the bike with his owner . . . now with me he is looking little sad . . . he is showing strange behaviour . . . like he want to fly away from me . . . he talks with other family members at home but avoid talking with me . . . whenever i go to his cage or make him sit on my hand . . . he put his head down and dont look at me . . . . what should i do to make him relax and adjust with me . . . one important thing . . . at my home he has to spend most of the time in cage and only come out of the cage for half hour morning and same in evening . . .
sanjays mummi

Re: IRN Behaviour Part 1

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's much better to let them settle in Inside a cage, where they feel safe, you don't want your bird to panic Outside the cage and fly into objects that could injure him, like windows.
If he doesn't like stepping up on you just yet, don't force the issue, he is deliberately avoiding eye contact by putting his head down, because he is afraid of confrontation, he is nervous of this stranger. In spite of their feisty attitude, IRN's are gentle, affable little souls at heart. b-(
AJPeter

Re: IRN Behaviour Part 1

Post by AJPeter »

Patience is the key, keep working with him.