Getting 2 --6 month old ringnecks to get along

Moderator: Mods

mccookrem

Getting 2 --6 month old ringnecks to get along

Post by mccookrem »

I am new to ringnecks, have a dna tested female for the last 2 months she was hand fed and tame but can be nippy. I recently came accross a blue male same age also handfed surgically sexed and tattooed from breeder. I have tryied to let them out together but she will not have it and chased him away. They were in same room seperate cages now same room cages side by side for a week. It is the female that gets aggressive, I am thinking of replacing her since I dont care about breeding if the other one turned out to be male that would be fine. My first choice is to keep both in same large cage until breeding season then separate them. Any ideas how how to get her not to be so mean.
mccookrem

Re: Getting 2 --6 month old ringnecks to get along

Post by mccookrem »

Message retracted bad day
Last edited by mccookrem on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good riddance. Its your bird l feel sorry about.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Someone doesn't have any patience, posted Yesterday, Gone today, I'm not surprised he gets nipped, he expects everything Now.
mccookrem

Post by mccookrem »

not what I said joined another forum with no **** holes suck it
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Good for you, we don't like Rude people on here anyway.
mccookrem

Post by mccookrem »

Hey I am back sorry I got angry I suffer from bipolar disorder and am on disability my bird help me maintain and lifestyle without depression sometimes I'm not able to communicate well with others I do want both birds and I just wanted him to get along I was not leaving them together during this breeding time because they are too young to breed so I was asking for advice it's not too much work to keep him in separate cages I just want both Birds to be healthy and happy I guess I felt I was talking to a group of people more understanding and less judgemental
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Then you should have explained you have BPD at the start, my daughter has Schizophrenia, I would have made allowances ok?.
This site is virtually dead, and being swamped with spam, so there are only a handful of us old guard on here, it doesn't sound as though you are 100% sure of your birds genders, and even with same sex pairs there can be rivalry and squabbles, I would definitely keep them in separate cages if you have space, and let them out separately, There is tons of info on here, if you have time to run through topics which you feel are of particular relevance to your situation.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Jealousy is hard enough to cope in sibling let alone birds, l do not envy you, all l can suggest is patience working with them remember Females get hormonal and can difficult, check out their diet.