He's In Love With the Cabinets

Moderator: Mods

MrsVanPelt

He's In Love With the Cabinets

Post by MrsVanPelt »

Whenever I bring Marley into the great room the first thing he does is fly off and go into the kitchen. He then proceeds to walk around on the floor and rub up against every single one of the cabinets. He'll go back and forth rubbing up on them (there's 5 total on the ground level).

Is this okay for him to do? Spend that much time in the kitchen, I mean. I know with the gas stove and whatnot it's not the greatest for him. He'll do it for a few hours at a time, then go somewhere else, but then he'll return.

FYI- we don't use the stove in our kitchen. We use the BBQs in the backyard to save on gas. So we're not ever cooking when he does this.
Proud wife of Rocky, Mother toMarley (IRN), JayBird and Cally (Rats), Jebadiah (Mouse), Rasta and Reggae (Bearded Dragons). Auntie to Princess (Poodle)
countrygal_cc

:-)

Post by countrygal_cc »

Sounds like your marley is having a good time. I think it is ok since it is something marley likes shouldn't be no harm in it so far cupcake just walks around when I let her out she doesn't seem to like nothing much but me ;-)
Park outside where the air is cool...
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

my fid is having a thing about plastic boxes. if we let him out he flies straight up to the top of the bookshelf and talks and puts his beak on the plastic rat boxes. lmao hes stood in one atm doing nothing. im going to post a pic of it.

what is it with boxes and cupboards?!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Sometimes they just have a 'thing' for a random object. If there is no danger in the kitchen then it should be fine. But always make sure, they are 'playing' safe.
Does he walk in a line and run his beak along the surface? Jibby and Lola both do this in the bathroom, along the curtain railing. They also rub their beaks on alot of surfaces, but it looks like they are excited by something, not like they are trying to scratch an itch. The beak is sensitive and maybe it feels good? hehe.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
MrsVanPelt

Post by MrsVanPelt »

It's not quite like that. What he does is he'll walk up to cupboard #1, rub up against it, then take a few steps back and waddle over to the next one, and repeat this over and over. Then at other times he'll just stand in the middle of the kitchen and stare at them lovingly. He's weird. :)

Okay, I was worried about fumes or whatever from the stove, but we don't use it so I didn't think a little bit of exposure would harm. Just wanted to make suer!
Proud wife of Rocky, Mother toMarley (IRN), JayBird and Cally (Rats), Jebadiah (Mouse), Rasta and Reggae (Bearded Dragons). Auntie to Princess (Poodle)