12 Week Old Ringneck Only Wants to Cry

Moderator: Mods

Kashringneckbaby

12 Week Old Ringneck Only Wants to Cry

Post by Kashringneckbaby »

So I got my beautiful sweet bird about 2 weeks ago, and since then all he does when I let him out is lean its head down and forward and make constant crying sounds that sound kind of like a cat? He never bit me the first week but also he is starting to bite me on the ear if I stop talking to him to get my attention I guess, and if i get on my computer he will crawl down to my hands and bite my fingers!!! Any help would be appreciated I have him out of his cage for 3-4 hours a day and handle him for hours every day I just don't have much experience with birds. Thanks
sanjays mummi

Re: 12 Week Old Ringneck Only Wants to Cry

Post by sanjays mummi »

You could ask an avian vet, but I don't think he is unhappy, or he would feather pluck, buy him some grapes which contain seeds, apparently grape seeds are a natural anti depressant to birds, they prevent feather plucking (self harm). It sounds as though you are bonding ok, he is cheeky and bold enough to nibble your ear or fingers, a nervous bird would give you a wide berth!. I found that by 12 Weeks, Ms Sanjay started to interact more,accepting treats from my fingers etc, I got her at 8 weeks and she was very shy and scared of me at first. Now?, she removes my nose stud if I'm wearing one! :-bd
Kashringneckbaby

Post by Kashringneckbaby »

Ya I don't think he is depressed I thought maybe because he is so young that it was him maybe crying for his mom? I just wanted to know if anyone else that got a ringneck as a baby had the same experience?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My bird didn't miss her parents at all,