Mojito Learns a Trick

Moderator: Mods

Amélia

Mojito Learns a Trick

Post by Amélia »

So it's Wednesday evening. The child is in bed, the bf is at a club meeting, and it's just me and Mojito (my 4yr old Male Green IRN). I decide, "ya know what, I want a popsicle." So I walk to the freezer and grab a popsicle that is as green as the bird on my shoulder. I sit calmly down on the floor by our couch and Mojito walks onto the couch and then lovingly perches on my left knee. As I take a bite of my green popsicle, I notice he's doing the "whatcha eating" dance. You know the one. It's when they kinda shuffle from one leg to the other, glancing up at you with an adorably hungry face, and leaning toward your delicious treat. So I gaze back at him and simply say "Mojito..Want a taste?" I then nod my head and say at the same time "yes" and I let him have a small taste. Well, he starts doing that darn dance again!!! I can't resist. I ask him again, "Mojito...Want a taste?", then, to my amazement, he bobs his head up and down, and I give him another taste. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke, I produced another popsicle out of the freezer lastnight to show my BF and his daughter. I don't think I even had to ask before Mojito started bobbing his head. Now, to teach him when it's appropriate and when it is not, I wouldn't give him a "taste" until after I had asked and he had "responded". He eventually learned and waited for me to ask. I cant wait to see what other antics he'll pick up in the years ahead.

Thanks for reading!
Mojito (Male Green IRN)
Ki Ki (Female White Face Tiel)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

We will try and get a video of this posted by early next week. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. :lol:
2 Bird Family
Ki-Ki (Female White-face Tiel)
Nacho (baby male Lutino)
Mojito (male-green IRN) RIP
Bella

Post by Bella »

Awwww what a sweet trick i just have billy crawling up my arm or hanging off my face :lol:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)