Quiet IRN?

Moderator: Mods

Aces Wild

Quiet IRN?

Post by Aces Wild »

I keep reading about how loud IRNs are, but Ace has made noise probably about a handful of times since we got him on June 13th.

If he does make a noise, its the typical IRN call, once, then stops (usually happens when we leave the room).

Is it because he is young that he isn't very loud? He is just so quiet.
Fah

Post by Fah »

Heya :D

I would not be worried at all.. younger ringnecks in a pet environment are quite well tempered noise wise, more traditionally girls than so with boys. It really has not been a long time since you have had the young fella.

I assure you, they do make noise as they grow older, and the more "owner friendly" noises and chirps you can teach it, or words, the better at a young age. This keeps them more into that, compared to the louder natural calls they do as they age.

Indian ringneck noise is overrated as far as im concerned, so I would not be overly stressed about that. Each bird has their temperment, and each bird changes heavily in attitude with moulding from you and its noise environments throughout its growth. Most these sites that refer to their noise, are in regards to their natural call, which due to the canopy residence they more often than not have, require sharp, strong, simple calls as not to get muffled by the foliage when talking to others in a distance situation.

Grats about the new bird btw. :D
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hahhaaa dont worry.. it wont be long until your going out of your mind because you cant get it to calm down with the screaming :P just be patient ^^
threio

Post by threio »

4th day with Threio, he/she started made 3 calls today, and its not loud at all. I also had an incident with the window yesterday and he shreiked a few times in fright, and it wasn't bad at all. My Parrotlets temper tantrums where much more irritating than any of his calls or shrieks so far.

He also started singing today and it sounded great by the way. Threio was kept in a room with maybe 20 other yound birds (sun conures, love birds, finches, etc, so maybe he is like your baby and is just use to sounds and doesn't mind some piece and quiet for a change. I have a community ball field 100 yards from my apartment and the fireworks from this weekend did not spook him at all!

My Parrotlet would scream if the TV was too loud....commerical bursts of heighten volume...
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Thank you for the responses!

I am guessing his age has something to do with it, but only one way to see how loud he will be as an adult... and that is to wait hehe
inept

Post by inept »

Personally, I don't find the so-called "IRN call" all that annoying. It doesn't matter how loud or often, it's simply not that bad. What I really dislike is the angry temper tantrum squawk/shriek. It's not as loud but it's worse. You'll hear plenty of both soon enough. :lol:
Fah

Post by Fah »

I was looking after a friends IRN once >.< while they were moving, yegads... this thing had found out that the god awful gawgling screech aviary birds make when they are caught and handled, gets attention really fast...

So at 6am, i would hear this terrible noise like my birds are being attacked.. and here is this bird sitting on the edge of the aviary waiting for a scritch and attention... and at 11pm, and 1pm, and 10am... whenever the bugger was bored.

Was quite a bad habbit to have learnt lol.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

lucky you lol cookie never made the irn call he only ever made human taught noises and was a fairly quiet bird so fingers crossed your little guy will stay the same