cigarette addict???

Moderator: Mods

ryelle

cigarette addict???

Post by ryelle »

I think Spit is a secret cigarette addict. This past week hes started stealing cigarette butts from the ashtrays and i cant stop him. we always move the ashtrays out of the room or away from him and he always gets to them! He'll drop them into our hand if we put our hand underneath and say no, but i know how bad they are for him! (haha) i meant if he chews them. He's started going crazy trying to get into my boyfriends cigarette packets, trying to chew holes int he bottom to get inside. he goes frantic about it

hes so hard to keep an eye on lately. he just wants EVERYTHING he could possibly get hold of. argh! how do u get a bird to lose interest in something! lol
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Its normal for them to want something you pay attention too, maybe only smoke well away when he cant see what your doing, or well i guess your tried the hide them in a cupboard so he cant see them. Amazon did this for a while the we started rolling him specail smokes just with the filters and paper in them he would be fine with those.
Sharlene and Amazon
chobah

Post by chobah »

one of my birds is bad like that. he always trys to open the pack and walks around with butts if he can get them. i just found that the only way to prevent it is to eliminate all contact. he may do it to mimic you guys too, monkey see monkey do, he sees it in your mouth and thinks it is good to eat maybe?
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

thats a really good point Chobah. We've moved his cage up to our computer room where we used to smoke, so he can be out all day and he can have attention all the time instead of getting lonely downstairs. we go out onto the landing near the window to smoke now or downstairs, but my boyfriend puts the cigarette in his mouth unlit and walks out the room. His cage used to be in the living room and we have glass panel doors going into our kitchen and he used to be able to see us smoking.

lol Amazonite, if they werent so bad for him i would have given him one to see what he did with it - prob rip it to bits haha. i might buy some rolling papers while im in town today and give him a makeshift one hahaaa.

I've had to hide ALL lighters in the house aswell because hes started picking those up too. he's only started going this the past few days