how to stop me smooching my irn

Moderator: Mods

pearl

how to stop me smooching my irn

Post by pearl »

Right what happens is when ever he starts trusting me and taking food from my hand i just ruin it by holding him and giving him loads of kisses and hugs nd then he starts to be scared by me n doesnt come near me or takes food from me for a short while and then he starts trusting me again and then i end up doing that again how do i stop my self doing that . By the way am not talking about my rose pictured in my sig (she is ever so good and always lets me smooch her and trusts me like anything ) am talking about my new green male irn who i think has trust issues or may be doesnt like me as much
:roll:

so plz give me any tips you guys have
Donna

Post by Donna »

LMAO!!! :lol:

Do not smootch the green ones!!! :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
pearl

Post by pearl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know but what can i do i cant resist his perfectly set green fur and those lovely cute eyes they beg me to give him hugs and kisses

and only the people who actually own a ringneck or any other bird like the people on this forum understand that feeling

my family thinks am turning in to one of those crazy old cat ladies :lol: :lol:
and my husband is jealous of my birds both rose and george and oh yeah not to mention my rose is jealous of my hubby she always fly and comes to me for love when am sitting and talking to my hubby :wink:
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

ahh that is a hard one, just hold back if you need a cuddle put him away and give rose a cuddle:)
Sharlene and Amazon
Lena

Post by Lena »

I know the feeling and I can´t get in two feets range from Watto, he ha´s making huge progress so I wan´t rush him, but a part of me just want to take him and cuddle.
inept

Post by inept »

I just go in for the smooches anyway! I might get a little growl and my little guy might try to move away, but I smooch and smooch and smooch. He tolerates it now.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is problem many of us have and I'm glad you brought this up. There needs to be a support group for serial smoochers anonomous! There is no escape from us!

I know the feeling.. Yoda is terrified of smoochies.. but jealous when Jibby gets them.. :roll:
I will resist if Yoda is facing me (he gets that evil 'you touch.. you die' look.. avoid putting smoochie lips anywhere near this!) but as soon as he turns his back I go in for the 'smooch' and he trys everything to get away. He still wont let me smooch and I feel bad because, he seems to trust me, but then I go and scare him. :(

What I am trying (when I dont give in to the temptations of smoochies) is.. letting him be comfortable with my face, he has a fascination with my freckles, so I just let him be without trying to kiss. Just making him as comfortable with the whole face as possible, and teaching 'boundries' (no beaks anywhere near eyes!).. I think Yodas more terrified of the 'unpredictable smoochie' than the 'smoochie' itself. So I think it would help if hes calm and relaxed firstly. I'm letting him explore me!
Luckily I havnt been bitten yet! Do not allow biting and if you arent comfortable with a bird around your face, dont try it. Know your birds body language and read it well.. it could save you the pain. A bite on the hand hurts, but a bite on the lip makes a grown man cry.. and bleed!

Jibby on the other hand, thinks its better to give in than to try and escape. He's got that look of 'oh no.. not again.. help me pahleez!' and looks for an escape.. but lowers his head for smoochies anyway, because he knows well enough that hes not going to escape the evil smoochie mummy. He even lowers his head whenever I approach him now. He knows the drill! He loves it.. I know.. hes just stubborn sometimes! :wink:

Give it some time, wouldnt you be a lil uncomfortable if someone you barely know, just smooched you out of nowhere? Build a relationship first, let the bub explore you! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
albino

Post by albino »

My suggestion is just keep smooching that bird who knows maybe he will give in, hee hee. Image
Last edited by albino on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
QueBob and Julie
albino

Post by albino »

Just sending some love your sweet birdies. Have a great day ;)Image
Last edited by albino on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueBob and Julie
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Ha ha ha ha ha! That’s so funny! I know..i know! I hear you pearl. I have an idea, keep rose with you and when you feel the need to smooch your new green ringneck -- grab rose and smooch her to death. That should help relieve your sudden urges! Ha ha ha ..what a funny post!

But on a more serious note—just keep doing your thing and keep working w/ your new ringneck—he’ll come around! :D

Your bud :wink: ,

imran
bec

Post by bec »

i know how you feel i have skeet the eternal cuddle bub
but i really want to smooch my other birds altho i must admit some times i see jealousy in their eyes coz skeet is just so happy & comfortable with smoochie time hmmmmm
maybe the jealousy thing might work
squeeko

Post by squeeko »

You guys are funny...I do the same to my IRN when no one is looking..she hates it but i do it anyway. She used to bite me but doesnt no more.
Buttercup..Eeek! Eeek!
_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

OMG this white IRN is sooooo sweeeeeeeeettttttt!!!!! :oops:
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Donna wrote:LMAO!!! :lol:

Do not smootch the green ones!!! :D

Donna
Whats up Donna? I can smooch my green one...Just luck :?
bec

Post by bec »

hmmmmm our riku love smoochie time
but then again my new green pickle freaks out if i put food in his cage & has birdie panic attaks if i talk to him!!