loud squaking

Moderator: Mods

indiecrew

loud squaking

Post by indiecrew »

My IRN makes this horrible loud squaking during the day. We have him out about 3 times a day for 30 minutes and during those times he doesn't make the noise. I'm wondering if this behavior will settle down because he's only about a month into living with us, or if this is constant. If there is anything I can do, please let us know, I don't want the neighbors to start complaining. Also he hasn't started talking yet even though we repeat words infront of him daily. Anything I can do about that? Thank you.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

the joys of owning a parrot, its what they do, they love making noise, and yes it can get loud.
Sharlene and Amazon
Eclipzia

Post by Eclipzia »

Hello,

My beauty would not say a word for almost a week, I thought he was mute :) He has since then became vocal and makes loud sqaks, and whistles and also sounds right off of star wars lol. He usually begins this with sun rise lovely 6am wake up call but I will take that over this over the radio crying out gas increases.

If they seem to make extremly loud noises or you are trying to watch a movie I have always found that giving them a light misting of water or something to tear usually hepls as they will spend forever prunning ;vain little buggers.

Hope this helps