Getting her back into her cage HELP!!

Moderator: Mods

sakib

Getting her back into her cage HELP!!

Post by sakib »

Hi everyone sorry i am posting problems yet again

my Ringneck when let refuses to go back into her cage.

when put in she climbs all over the cage.
Then she will stand in her food bowl kick all her pellets out of the bowl around the room and will continue to climb around her cage for hours.

When this does not work who ever comes near the cage after this she lunges at them and is miserable all day. Help! hope you guys can help
It doesn't matter what brings a person its what they leave with that counts
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

I have never had this problem with Amazon, but maybe can you get her near the cage and hold a treat inside then cage and only give the treat when she gets in the cage, this way you prob have time to close the door.
Sharlene and Amazon
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I had a few young ringies that didn't want to go back into the cage after being out and having so much fun, so I bribed them with yummy treat food that they only got when they were behaving. Now I don't have a problem. :)

How big is your cage and is there any toys etc in there to keep her amused while she is in her cage? How often & long do you leave her out for?
Is she tame?

If you put yourself in the birds shoes and think how exciting you would be in a cage all day, you would probably want to be out to lol. Maybe she just wants to be with you :)

8)
Lags

Post by Lags »

I have the exact ame problem with my IRN. sometimes it can take up to half an hour to get him to go in there! very frustrating!
bec

Post by bec »

i have had the same problem at one time or another with most of my irns with the exception of skeet & gen jen skeet is just a curious little bug so i just sart cleaning her food bowls & putting in fresh seed or fruit she flies onto my shoulder the as i put the food in the bowl she runs down my arm to the yummies!!!! as i close the cage she murmurs comments on the quality of the food (i assume as she says it all in irn speak :lol: )
gen jen wazs & still is just so wary of hands if it looked like i was gettting ready to put them to bed she just beat me too the punch :D
at on stage when i just had kieron & riku the used to not only go in the cage by themselves but they would also shut the door & all i would have to do is lock the cage but they also learnt how to break out of it they would lift the bowl door thenriku would climb out & open the cage for kieron then riku would fly on to my shoulder scaring the hell out of me( i thought she was in her cage & not expecting it!! *- :oops: ) then say in a proud & happy voice "hello riku hello