question

Moderator: Mods

jamie_loves_IRN'S

question

Post by jamie_loves_IRN'S »

hey would anyone know why my 8 month old IRN attacks and costantly chews on my clothes she also gets agressive towards me when this occurs ..??

can anybody help me so i can stop this bad habbit ?

thanks jamie
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

While Charlie Parker isn't aggressive he does like to eat clothes. A lot. Anything with buttons, zips, a hanging thread, tag, or little hole is an invitation to destroy. It was a losing battle trying to train him not to chew, plus it's so damn cute when he climbs inside my shirt or into my pockets, so I throw on old jeans & shirts for playtime and keep an old hand towel around to put over my shoulders and tuck inside my collar when I have a good shirt on. It also helps to distract him with a strip of paper to shred, although the confetti always ends up down my back. :lol:
julie

Post by julie »

Is it any particular color of clothes or all of them? One of my aviary irns (Grey male) comes over to me when I have a black shirt on and tries to pull my shirt off, he looks me up and down and then decides to lift the sleeve up and see if I have anything hiding up my arm. But he only comes to me if I have a black shirt on.
jamie_loves_IRN'S

Post by jamie_loves_IRN'S »

it is all of my clothes and she isnt normally agressive to me it is only when i try to stop her from chewing on my clothes lol
bec

Post by bec »

my 3 chew on anything their toys my fingers hair photo frames seem to be riku favourite
i dont know why they do it but i try to give them alot of other things they can chew on try keeping a toy on you & distracting him with it when e chews and give him a treat when he chews that instead of you
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon chews on clothes and things he isnt aloud to, i just tap his beak and say no chewing, he knows what he is aloud to chew and not, but i will not aloud the chewing on clothes he has unstitched a good shirt before. Try adn use a word he will learn as a no word, my one is uhhhh NO AMI and he gets the message sometimes i have to use his full name Amazonite and he turns round and says why but gets the message
Sharlene and Amazon